back to article Grooveshark to sink its teeth again into Pandora (legally this time)

Embattled Grooveshark is promising to launch a music-streaming service next year that will, for a change, be fully legit and safe from copyright lawsuits. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, CEO Sam Tarantino said that next year his biz will launch a paid-for service designed to compete with Pandora. The service, …

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
    WTF?

"you need money to gain licenses, and you need licenses to gain money"

That's where a couple of things called a business plan and a loan come in, isn't it?

I'm going to open a bank. Just off to rob one first...

2. sabroni Silver badge

And yet that model..

...is fine for Youtube. Bizarre how little the law has to do with it.

3. DavCrav

"The word "legitimate" is key for Grooveshark, which for much of its existence has been squarely in the crosshairs of the recording industry – thanks it's shoot-first-talk-later approach."

1) It's 'its', not 'it's'. You also might want to throw in a 'to' as well.

2) Are you talking about Grooveshark's approach or the recording industry's?

1. Robert Helpmann??
      Headmaster

@ DavCrav

It's 'its', not 'it's'. You also might want to throw in a 'to' as well.

It is better to avoid contractions in formal writing, thus sidestepping common pitfalls such as the confusion between it's and its. Better still would be to use the Send corrections link. Sorry, the limited subset of HTML enabled in these forums does not allow me to reproduce the actual link. Just scroll to the top. Its It's their there.

4. Philanthropic Philanderer

Funny that regarding the ads, I've not seen any of them on the rare occasions I do use their website...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like