back to article VISUALISED: The Golden Vulture Dropping of Excellence

After a short break for fresh air and relief from the hilarity of El Reg'Comment of the Week returns! Opening this week's account of the hilarious and the fail-filled is aptly named Reg reader Phuq Witt, with this dreadfully dull and unfunny aside on our review of the Banana Pi: "I met a Minecraft user called BananaPi a …

1. VinceH

"Bask in the glory, if you will, of the Golden Vulture Dropping of Excellence,"

Should not the dropping be a splat on the floor, rather than a splat somehow remaining in place vertically in mid-air, as evidence by the shadow on the floor behind it?

One possible explanation is that it's a splat on a vertical glass plane, but I'm sure gravity would then cause it to form a less evenly splatted shape.

Just saying, like.

1. fearnothing

Clearly it's a splat on a glass floor where the sun is at a 45 degree angle and there's a vertical flat surface in a position to catch the shadow from that angle of sun and it's being depicted from directly above.

Of all the vulture droppings the Reg Pseudophotography Team could have faked gone out of the office and photographed honestly, guv, I can only imagine they chose this one because it was the most bizarre.

1. Lionel Baden

Well its a gold dropping, so therfore it has been mounted on a "shady" stand

2. Mark 85

Downvoting Andrew...

He probably got the downvotes because we could. The only one who might (iffy) get more would be Lewis Page if he were to comment.

1. dan1980

Re: Downvoting Andrew...

I think Mr Orlowski got the downvotes as an indication that he did not speak for others.

Saying "nobody else is [talking about charging twice]" was quite sweeping and many people chimed in to say that no, that's pretty much exactly what they are talking about and that's how they saw it.

2. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Re: Downvoting Andrew...

The only one who might (iffy) get more would be Lewis Page if he were to comment.

That's demonstrably not true on at least 2 counts.

3. ecofeco Silver badge
    Trollface

Is the award...

...LinkedIn worthy and do you think it would help my corporate reputation and image?

1. PleebSmash
      Thumb Up

Re: Is the award...

Thanks. Your vote will be recorded, and totals updated, shortly.

I streamed my upvote directly into your Reddit.

2. VinceH
      Pint

Re: Is the award...

"...LinkedIn worthy"

Well, if I won it, I'd reference it on my LinkedIn profile - but there are those who think I don't take my LinkedIn profile all that seriously.

4. Gordon 10
    Boffin

Thank you...

I now will consider myself covered in 'glory'

5. Jim 59

Tard mangling ?

or tard wrangling ?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon