back to article Where the HELL is that Comcast technician? Finally – an app for that

US cable giant Comcast is offering some subscribers an app that tracks the whereabouts of its technicians before they arrive for a service appointment. So if you're waiting around for ages wondering where he or she is, there'll be a light at the end of the tunnel. The ISP said its MyAccount app, available on iOS and Android …

1. Christian Berger

Not sure if they are actually complaining about the technicians

I'd rather assume they got that for not upgrading their networks and throttling their users while mandating for a non free Internet.

Of course to the normal user that's just "Youtube doesn't work and the technician didn't do anything about it".

2. Swarthy

What does the app do when...

The Tech no-shows? In my past experience w/ Comcast, only once did the technician ever show up. I got billed for the other two, but they were never there.

3. Crazy Operations Guy

Only for iOS and Android

God I hate it when companies do that and they don't offer a webpage for the same information, which would be easier to do. Although most 'apps' are just a container for a webpage anyway...

4. cs94njw

If they're 30 mins away - that almost certainly means they are on the way now.

Which isn't the problem that needs to be solved.

Gits.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like