back to article Pro-ISIS script kiddies deface West Yorkshire egg-chasers' site

Pro-ISIS script kiddies defaced the website of Rugby League team the Keighley Cougars over the weekend in the latest of a series of attacks against somewhat obscure targets. The West Yorkshire club's home page was replaced by a black screen and the message: "I love you Isis" with the tag "Hacked By Team System DZ" at the top …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

<monotone>

Oh yes, the terror is palpable.

</monotone>

1. Graham Marsden
      Big Brother

Sure, but no doubt, since "Counter Terrorism Police" have got involved in the investigation, this will be recorded as a "Terrorist Incident" and added to the figures trotted out when TPTB tell us that there have been X hundred such incidents in the past year and we must therefore put up with them introducing even more draconian restrictions on our freedoms and liberties in order to deal with this "threat"...

2. Simon Harris

a black screen and the message: "I love you Isis"

And I'm sure ISIS love men with funny shaped balls too.

3. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Premature conclusions?

"I love you Isis"

Could have easily been a misdirected message from Osiris...

1. Troy Peterson
      Paris Hilton

Re: Premature conclusions?

My thoughts exactly... Every time I see a news headline about ISIS my first thought is still that it's about the Egyptian goddess.

4. Zog The Undeniable

There's a marvellously inappropriate ad with the slogan "Heads will roll" (with animation) on this page when I see it. Dontcha just love keyword-based ads? ISIS = beheading. No-one would ever be offended by that.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Theres a hair salon

Near me called isis, must be good if people are defacing sites to promote it.

1. billse10

Re: Theres a hair salon

Greenwich has a language school. It actively recruits overseas visitors, too .....

6. Robin Bradshaw

Next on 24: Nothing to do at the office

OMG the terror! Mobilise the troops and set the threat level to Purple Alert!

I can only hope for something this srs they have got Jack Bauer on the case.

1. Kane
      Joke

Re: Next on 24: Nothing to do at the office

...and set the threat level to Purple Alert!

Are you sure? That does mean changing the bulb...

7. frank ly

"Counter terrorism police are investigating ...."

Don't they have anything better to do? This is a practice run for the main attack when Isis stooges will paralyse the UK counter terrorism agencies by defacing sports club websites (and other types of website) all over the country.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "Counter terrorism police are investigating ...."

"Don't they have anything better to do?"

You've never been to Keighley, have you ....

8. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
    Happy

Massive miscalculation

It's all very well getting to paradise, ready to enjoy your 72 virgins. But it's not going to be much fun if a bunch of muscly lads with northern accents are kicking the shit out of you for buggering up their website...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Massive miscalculation

And no guarantee they'll all be the opposite sex to you either

9. Simon Harris

dog lovers

Are they absolutely sure they weren't hacked by Downton Abbey?

10. Chriss82

According the the website linked in the article el reg also recieved this treatment

http://www.zone-h.org/news/id/4741

edit... that happened in 2011... why is it still on page two of the newsfeed

11. Amorous Cowherder
    Facepalm

Hold on!

"The defacement also featured the auto-played recording of music, and singing and written claims that the "State of Islam" is expanding, the Daily Telegraph adds."

'Ere, I thought ISIS had banned all music and any form of fun in their nasty little "republic"? Which means if you're a supporter shouldn't you have simply left it silent? If not then you're obviously a bunch stupid little fucktards with no idea what you're talking about, you need a bloody good hiding and sent out to help dig old folks gardens as punishment!

12. Lord Lien

At what point are we....

.... supposed to be quaking in our boots, hiding under a bed & generally running around like a headless chicken over this hack?

1. Mark 85

Re: At what point are we....

Well.. there's some folks in government who would like you to do that so that certain agencies can get a budget increase. And there's also kids who would like to see some mad panic over something stupid so they won't have to go to school that day. All in all this stuff falls under the category of "whoop de do"... (yawn).

13. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Any chance they are Drupal based sites?

See subject.

14. Breen Whitman

Its a wonder vulture central hasn't been got. I mean could you come up with a bigger bunch of infidels? Bacon reverence. Beer. Loose women.

1. Long John Brass

I must be in the wrong place

I revere Beer & loose bacon :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like