back to article Amazon sells Fire Phone in UK ... on CONTRACT

Hasn’t Amazon sold mobile phones before? Wasn’t the first third party deal Amazon did in Europe with Carphone Warehouse back in 2001? The answers are no... and yes. Amazon UK has been selling mobile phones for more than a decade and there are lots of resellers who will sell you anything from a Samsung Alpha to a Sony Z3, but …

1. gerryg

It's probably fatal to say this here but...

...for those of us that actually use Amazon, this is old news.

It's been on their website landing page for some time.

2. Nathan 13

Deals Amazon & O2 want to highlight..

Have a laughably small data allowance!!!

3. Ken Darling

In what sense is this 'News'?

Been on display in my local O2 store for three weeks.

Note to RegEd: man has landed on the moon, the Queen has celebrated her Golden Jubilee, Channel Five has launched, The News of the World has closed down, you are an arse.

1. alwarming
      Paris Hilton

Queen has celebrated her Golden Jubilee

I know what it means... but why does it sound so naughty to moi ears ?

4. Vince

O2. That's the network that is banging on about 4G contracts but STILL hasn't managed to provide 3G service with any degree of reliability in a ridiculously large number of places. Like my office. 2 minutes walk from the very city centre, 5 minutes from the O2 store and still nothing but 2G.

No deal. O2 suck.

5. Sheep!

El Reg does seem to be about a month late to the party with this "news"....

6. Graham Triggs

Contracts are fine, but...

OK, I don't want to be on O2, but if they want to only offer contracts with O2, then fine.

What really gets my goat is that they have an option to buy the phone outright - but it's still locked to O2. There are other reasons not to buy the Fire phone, but they can take that "deal" and shove it...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like