back to article BBC continues to milk great tits

It seems the BBC is determined to milk the schoolboy innuendo potential of great tits to the max, having already raised the bar with its recent award-winning headline "Great tits cope well with warming". Try this latest heartwarming, tit-related story from Scotland, paying particular attention to the related Beeb link: BBC …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pink

Great Tits

We have a similar predicament at work.

One of our ashtrays has been taken over by tits of the feathery kind.

2. Mr Larrington
    Paris Hilton

Insert...

...obligatory Paris Hilton angle here.

3. Sceptical Bastard

Horrible image...

... of Jordan, wine spilled, fag burned to ash, slumped face-down over the table.

4. Jamie
    Paris Hilton

3 cheers

Since they don't currently have that great a reputation regarding news, and reporting anything that can increase thier audience is good.

But this may have gone too far, I was offended by the title, thinking that someone had taken pictures of poor defensless women to show of thier natural beauty. I was even more enraged that I could not enjoy said picture for a moment before going off in a tiraid about irresponsible journalism.

Com'on who has not seen her jubblies.

5. /etc
    Jobs Horns

Tits

I'm inclined to think someone at the BBC did write "Great tits cope well with warming" with innuendo in mind. The whole feel of the sentence -- and the fact that they didn't capitalize the word "tits" -- has to make one suspicious. While collectively tits are tits, "Great Tit" is the name of a species.

And, yes, I like the "related" link. iPhone users will love multi-touching that one.

6. Waggers
    Thumb Down

Nothing to see here

The previous offering was definitely milking it, but this one seems quite innocent to me. So there's a species of bird called the "great tit" - that doesn't mean the BBC are trying to insert some childish innuendo every time they write those words. I think Lester needs to take a cold shower and calm down a bit.

7. Anonymously Deflowered

"Smoking proves beneficial to tits"

FACT

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Stoping smoking to let tits to grow"

Is there no end to the silly titles?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Disappointed

This prompted my to do a search for "great tits" on youtube hoping to do a bit of online twitching but couldn't find anything of interest.

10. Andy Silver badge

Punchline

No one else reminded of the joke that starts "Topless woman goes into an a bar, says 'Burman, give me a Martoni'..."?

11. Martin

@Andy

sadly not, care to elaborate?

12. Raving
    Paris Hilton

@ Lester, paying particular attention to the related Beeb link:

Were you referring to:

Seagull lays eggs on roof of car

17 May 07 | Highlands and Islands

... Or ...

"Great tits are distinguished from blue tits by their larger size and black cap." @RELATED BBC LINKS Great Tits

Paris 'cos ...

13. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@Andy

No, but it does remind me of:

"Woman went into a bar and asked the barman for a double entendre ... so he gave her one."

14. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Suggested headline

I hear that a prominent member of high society uses these birds to disguise his tattoos, this preventing rumours that he might be a hooligan. If the BBC ever decides to run this story, they could headline it "Top toff's Tits Stop Tatt Tattle".

15. Albert Waltien
    Coat

Here (at last) is the IT angle

A different species but a similar name...I always called the pointing device on IBM and a few other laptops a titmouse.

Mine's the one with straw in the pockets.

16. Raving

@ "Is there no end to the silly titles?"

Nipples.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Tits like coconuts

Sorry. Mine's the one with the droppings on the sleeve

18. Tim Russell
    Joke

"Tits block butt bin."

and other silly titles....

19. Scott
    Coat

Smoking Tits..

said the bishop to the actress.

20. Phil Endecott

Grey tits

It just so happens that I spent a few moment looking at the BBC Springwatch message board earlier today. It is full of discussion of tits with not a hint of innuendo.

In fact, there was one poster who seemed to be under the impression that the birds were actually called "grey tits". I can see this catching on as a "low innuendo" version of "great tit", for use when talking to schoolboys etc. A bit like how Piddletown changed its name to Puddletown in case Queen Victoria ever happened to pass through.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Hurrah

for heartwarming mischievous news stories!

22. alyn
    Joke

old joke

One prostitute says to another, "Do you smoke after sex?"

The other replied,"I don't know, I've never looked"

23. Andy Silver badge

So...

Topless woman goes into a bar, says 'Burman, give me a Martoni'. After a moment's reflection he serves her a Martini, which she knocks back. 'Burman, give me another one of those Martonis'. Again a Martini is served, and knocked back. A little later, 'Burman...', but the barman interrupts ' you want another Martoni?'. 'No thanks, burman, these Martonis are giving me hearburn.' The barman eyes her up and down, then replies 'lady, let me explain a few things. It's not burman, it's barman. It's not Martoni, it's Martini. And it's not heartburn, your left tit is in the ashtray.'

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like