back to article Fossil, Sony restyle Bluetooth watch line for the mainstream

Sony Ericsson's partnership with watch-maker Fossil has again proved fruitful, this time yielding a trio of timepieces in the new MBW-150 series, successors to the MBW-100, which the two companies lift the cuff on in September 2006. Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth watch Sony Ericsson and Fossil's MBW-150: the 'classic' …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Thunderbirds are go!!!

Anyone remember members of the Tracey family communicating with each other by talking into watches etc.

Life imitating 'art' perhaps?

2. Chris Haynes

Just because it's technologically possible...

...it doesn't mean you should do it.

What is the point of these watches? Whoopee, you can see what music's playing on your phone - obviously because just listening to it isn't enough...

3. Adrian Crooks

Could be of minor use

Controlling your music player without pulling it out of your pocket could be a good idea, but it is of little value. How much more effort is it really to pick up your player and click the buttons on it? Still though this can be sold if it targets the right market.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wrong approach

I'm waiting for the phone built into the watch - Caller ID is a waste of time.

Wait a minute scratch that - lets have a phone that can be worn *like* a watch. And an unobtrusive Bluetooth headset.

I never wear a watch, as the time is available on the phone, the pc, the dashboard, etc etc. If I'm not in reach of any of those - who cares what the time is ?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cellular wristwatch

When are we going to see a wristwatch containing a cellular phone? Which pieces are still missing in order to build such a thing?

It could use a mandatory bluetooth headset, a simple form of speech recognition, and a small touch screen.

I guess the battery is one of the problems?

6. Ryan Stewart

im with the phone idea.

Make it a phone with a bluetooth link to the headphones.

Figure eventually battery tech will get to the point where the current bluetooth earpiece will shrink to the size of a hearing aid.

Then everyone would really think you are talking to yourself.

7. Ben

re: Cellular wristwatch

re: "When are we going to see a wristwatch containing a cellular phone? Which pieces are still missing in order to build such a thing?"

http://www.mymobilewatch.com/

8. E

Flash storage?

I want 1, 2 or 4 gigs of flash storage in the watch, accessible via bluetooth from my notebook PC. Use it in place of a USB flash drive.

Music player or cell phone interface is silly and redundant.

9. E

Also...

... I want the watch to contain a gigawatt class infrared laser so I can smoke the terrorists and suspicious-looking people.

This topic is closed for new posts.