back to article Illinois gal gives Street View an eyeful

It appears that while some people are increasingly concerned that Google's entertaining Street View might visually rape their swimming pool or lay bare their military secrets to black turbans and other jihadist riff-raff, the residents of Illinois have a rather more relaxed attitude to privacy. The proof comes in the twin …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Was she trying to cover her face there?

or is it just a case of bad timing?

Paris....because she would have had 'em out on time ;-)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ah

I'm very much looking forward to this new sport :)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

GPS POI?

Does that constitute 1 POI or 2.......

Paris 'cos she's had a few POI's over the years

4. Jamie
    Linux

Wait till Mardi-Gras

What will those street view shots be like???

5. Chris Miller

Definitely trying to cover her face

Just following the lead of Maurice Bowra:

Parsons' Pleasure, a stretch of river at Oxford set aside for men's bathing, was historically off limits to women. One day, Maurice Bowra was bathing 'au naturel' with several other university dons when a boatload of women, having ignored the "Men Only" signs, rowed into view.

A number of dons on the bank promptly grabbed towels and fashioned impromptu loincloths - with the exception of Bowra, who elected instead to cover his head. "I believe, gentlemen," he declared, "that in Oxford I am recognized by my face."

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Prowling black snoopvan?

In this instance its a silver saloon which is a little less menacing than a "prowling black snoopvan". Anyway...

If this becomes a sport I'm gonna stick a few bits of electronic stuff on the roof of my car, knock up a couple of Google'ish signs that are spaced so they say "Go ogle" and see how many random lovelies get their jubblies out!

7. Ron Eve
    Happy

@Definitely trying to cover her face

Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah!

Brilliant!!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Flash player required

Doesn't work for me - says I need the 'Flash' player. How ironic...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

definition of "an eyeful"?

I guess some people are easily, er, amused.

I do give her points for trying though, even if it looks like there's barely a mouthful.

10. J-Wick
    Coat

Googles gone wild?

How is she trying to cover her face? It just looks like a regular flash; caught at the wrong time...!

Not that I own any GGW videos...

Via my phone cos it's NSfW, and I'm at W right now...

11. Mark

Re: definition of "an eyeful"?

Well, more than a mouthful's wasted, I've always said...

12. Ian Michael Gumby
    Paris Hilton

Hey! You've got to luv it here in Chicago! SOUTH SIDE!

If you follow the van down May Street, you can see what actually happened.

The "van" was traveling South down May Street. The girl watched the van approach and then flashes them.

Unfortunately, the timing wasn't good. But you have to admit that Chicago girls have spirit!

For those who don't live in the US, with the dollar down, and summer on its way, Chicago is a blast! (It makes up for the winters here.)

And yes, this should be a new sport!

Paris? Why? Cause she's jealous that this girl's set is bigger than her's. 8^)

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

lovely jubbly

I clicked the link n Google maps that said "places of interest". Sadly no more was revealed -sigh-

It begs the question - do the Google snoopvans have a bloody great big Google Earth logo spinning on top of them, or does that particular lass get 'em out for every black van that trundles past....

14. Aetyr
    Coat

If this becomes a new trend...

...then it won't be long before overweight men start doing it too 'for comedy value'. *shudder*

Mine's the one held wide open in front of passing traffic.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Not much compared to

The video of Good Morning America when they pan the crowd (live) and a young lady oh so suavely makes Katie Couric blush.

Good times.

16. Steve Mueller

Seems to me, some fun could be had

Seems to me, some fun could be had at Google's expense.

Put a big wooden ephogy of so and so in the lawn... on the day they drive past.

Perhaps a big Yahoo logo/embelm in google street view would do the trick?

17. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Even as I type, a crack team is on the case in Google's labs

adapting their world-beating horse-blurring technology to the task of identifying and enhancing images of breasts. Well, we can hope

18. Michael

@ AC

Katie Couric was on the Today Show, not Good Morning America.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@Ian Michael Gumby

You're close to the mark Ian, but if you look at the size of the jumps between most images on that street and the distance between that shot and the one before, you'll note that there seems to be a gap. It appears that the money shot was removed from the set (probably to be stored on the hard drive of some lucky Google editor)

20. Red Bren
    Unhappy

Spoilsports

Has someone reported this and ruined the fun? Or am I doing something wrong?

21. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Flash your Googles"

you owe me a keyboard, this one is soaked in coffee....

AC 'cause NSFW, but thanks anyway.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Go Ogle?

... pronounced 'go girl'?

23. Francis Boyle Silver badge

re: Flash player required

It worked for me and I got a little brown penis sitting on a leaf.* Not ironic. Just appropriate.

* Before you ask: being Australian, I've never had reason to use street view before now.

24. heystoopid
    Paris Hilton

One Wonders ?

One wonders in the land of the puritans and the armed to the teeth paranoids where it is almost now a felony life sentence for littering in the street , why has she not been tracked down and then charged with wilful exposure and assaulting a camera with dangerous tools ?

25. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Finally...

A legitimate and GOOD use of technology!

26. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re: One Wonders ?

heystoopid wrote

>One wonders in the land of the puritans and the armed to the teeth paranoids where it is almost now a felony life sentence for littering in the street , why has she not been tracked down and then charged with wilful exposure and assaulting a camera with dangerous tools ?

There aren't all THAT many puritans here and it's not just the paranoids who are armed to the teeth.

Littering isn't a felony (last I looked) and anyone who flashes her boobs at a Google_snoop camera rates applause in my book and I live here.

27. J
    Dead Vulture

NSFW

For pr0n's sakes, NSFW, that? Your standards, my friend, aren't what they used to be, for shame... (and even if the timing had been right, the pic looks so grainy that I wonder whether anything "of interest" would be visible)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like