back to article Adobe swallows Aviary, hopes to stuff Creative Cloud into mobes

Adobe has gulped down editing app firm Aviary to beef up its mobile image-fiddling software with an eye on the professional crowd. Scott Preston, veep of the products community, said in a blog post that very little professional editing was done on mobile devices these days – and Adobe is hoping to change that. “While mobile …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Stuff Creative Cloud Onto Mobiles?

They can stuff Creative Cloud up their ar2jij8 [no carrier]

2. qwertyuiop
    WTF?

Why?

I just don't get this. Why on earth would I want to use their cloud service in the first place and if I did why on earth would I want to do it on a mobile device?

I shoot high res images in RAW format and edit them in Lightroom. I'm seriously considering buying a much bigger monitor than my existing 24" one so that I can edit more easily. Does anybody seriously think they can do anything worthwhile on a 5" screen using a touch interface?

1. TechicallyConfused

Re: Why?

Well I am no photo editor or creative type by any stretch of the imagination but from the limited amount of photo-shopping I have done I can't imagine this is going to be a pleasant experience on a small screen using my sausage fingers.

Some things are ideal to chuck on a tablet, others are just plain stupid... and I'll stop there for fear of igniting the ever vociferous slab fondlers who would have us believe the world can be run from these things.

2. Dan 55 Silver badge

Well if you look at the adverts for tablets it appears you can smile inanely and slide clipart around the display, and optionally pass the device to someone else who does the same afterwards. Is there some part of your work that requires that?

3. silent_count

Apples to oranges, qwertyuiop.

Aviary is good* for simple photo editing - a crop or rotate of a snap you've taken with your phone. It is not in the same league as taking photos with a SLR and editing them with Photoshop and Lightroom.

* Or at least was until Adobe gets their mits on it.

3. Wade Burchette

If I had my way

I'd stuff Creative Cloud in a sack and toss the sack in a river and hurl the river into space. Along with all other software as a service such as Office 365. The last thing I want to do is pay a fee the rest of my life to use a product.

4. jonathan keith

Oh fuck.

That is all.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like