back to article Relive the death of Earth over and over again in Extinction Game

Parallel universes are already pretty cool, especially the ones that are tantalisingly close to ours, a mere what if away. The parallel universes of Extinction Game have this and an extra edge going for them, as the only ones we visit are those that have endured an apocalyptic event that’s wiped out most of humanity. Wars, …

1. Graham Dawson Silver badge

I've always liked alternate history tales and parallel worlds. My current favourite is the Long Earth series by Pratchett and Baxter, though that's a rather different take on the topic to this.

2. Bill B

*sigh* This is El Reg. Quoting hardback prices is more appropriate to a review for The Times.

Kindle price is £8.03. Although I must admit (because this is El Reg) quoting the price of a locked in eBook format might be a red rag to a bull.

1. Justicesays

£8.63 from WHsmith, which is probably a more open format.

As a Tor UK Imprint it should be DRM free, although I don't see it on their "Buy Direct" list, nor is it listed as DRM free on the Amazon UK site. Maybe someone should mail Tor about that.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

At a guess... would "to be destroyed" worlds be the best ones to pick up bargains? "50% off Everything must go"?

But also, if (in this entirely theoretical situation) you could travel to a parallel universe, taking things from one about to be destroyed, is less morally troublesome than taking from others. So if you want a "free" iWatch, just borrow it from the universe about to be squashed by a big supernova. They won't miss it anyhow.

But if that is what the "Authority" is doing, it's rather greedy, considering they could instead transport people out of those worlds...

PS, mine is the one with the map for survival in the pocket.

4. Graham Marsden
    Thumb Up

"It's only...

"... the end of the world, again"

- Disaster Area

5. Jim 59

Hitchhiker's Guide without the jokes?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just another apocalypse

nothing new, these apocalypses happen all the time - you only notice the one that has an effect on you or one you can observe

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like