back to article 'Sony and Twitch' hacking crew Lizard Squad: 'We quit'

The Lizard Squad hacking crew appears to have called it quits over the weekend following high profile assaults on Sony as well as online attacks on Blizzard and Twitch, a broadcast platform for gamers, among others. The eight-strong group of trickster hackers posted a notice of their intention to throw in the towel on their …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

maybe...

They received that can of deodorant and the copy of how to meet girls I sent them

Anon cos the truly 1337 laugh at feeble attempts to hide from them

MUHAHAHA, etc

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Thumb Down

Re: maybe...

Downvoted for the canned "zomg girls XDDDDD" swipe. It was old when the Internet bubble was still big.

2. Oninoshiko

I'm not up on the kid's bands.

Who is the lizard squad, and why do I care?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Just a covers band; look out for their take on "Jailhouse Rock"

They don't seem to have an original note to them: DOS'd a commercial network, phoned in a bomb threat, maybe SWATted a gamer. Not exactly Pwn-2-Own grade stuff

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Just a covers band; look out for their take on "Jailhouse Rock"

...and yet they made the media, including here, and got attention. Exactly what they craved. Now others will follow.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Just a covers band; look out for their take on "Jailhouse Rock"

I hope so.

2. Tom 13

Re: maybe SWATted a gamer.

If they're involved in that sort of thing, I don't care if it's not exactly Pwn-2-Own grade stuff, they are dangerous and need to be removed from society. That kind of crap is going to get somebody killed (if it hasn't already).

3. king of foo

"hacking"

More like "coughing"

1. Oninoshiko

Re: "hacking"

maybe a frog in the throat?

oh wait...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Problem is, they seem to very good at what they do, very coordinated, cocky (arrogant?) and had fun doing it. Those attributes generally lead people to doing a crime as such again and again, "If I didn't get caught the first time.....".Even if they disband, they will be integrated into another group which will most likely get caught.

Best thing to do, use their truly gifted skills to earn money, make a better living, improve their skills and then, only then, maybe after they retire, they can brag about it then.

1. Pet Peeve

What's this "gifted skills" nonsense? It takes no skills whatsoever to ddos a site - it just takes access to a botnet.

2. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      FAIL

Re: Taylor 1

".....their truly gifted skills....." Yeah, 'cos a DDoS of a few games sites is equal to curing cancer and feeding the hungry.

/if you need sarc tags for that then you are part of the problem.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Crapping their nappies.

ah bless.

I also note this this article "forgot" to mention that Xbox Live was also downed on a much larger scale than Sonys by these idiot kids.

I wonder why?

1. Babbit55

Re: Crapping their nappies.

Actually didn't they say that they couldn't get to Microsoft and gave them a mention on there twitter about it being too resilient. It is ok to be a fanboy though stop trying to spread false info?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/27/lizard_squad_hacking_rampage/

1. Daniel B.

Re: Crapping their nappies.

Actually, they did take out MS as well:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/25/sony_says_playstation_network_is_back_up_and_running_no_data_lost/

Neither PSN or XBL were fully taken down, but they did cause grief to many players. PSN had already a scheduled maintenance downtime, so they just pushed the downtime window early. On XBL I do remember seeing the warnings showing that you might have trouble connecting to XBL, though some other services were OK.

6. Cosmo

"we are just a bunch of guys with too much free time"

Yep, I think that sums it up pretty damn well.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"we are just a bunch of guys with too much free time"

Yes then in the same statement at the end they say:

"we have lives believe it or not, things to do, people to meet."

So what is it, you have too much time or not enough time? Such bullshit, they got scared simple as that, they were not good enough to evade the law and obviously one of their mates has been caught.

Their balls are quite tiny.

8. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"experience the raw thrill of anarchy"

These morons need to take a bit of their copious free time to check the definition of anarchy.

It is not destroying everyone else's toys. Anarchy is a system where no law is needed because everyone does what is needed when it is needed without having to be prodded into doing it by law.

But, given their actions, it is obvious that the notion of true anarchy is something well above their level of intelligence.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Facepalm

Re: Pascal Monet Re: "experience the raw thrill of anarchy"

"These morons need to take a bit of their copious free time to check the definition of anarchy....." It's probably because they are attracted to the wanton violence and inevitable failure that is the result of any form of anarchist political mechanisms.

"....It is not destroying everyone else's toys. Anarchy is a system where no law is needed because everyone does what is needed when it is needed without having to be prodded into doing it by law....." Apart from the fact that historical Anarchists have actually proved very adept at destroying the toys of those they envy (and murdering them), as shown in the Spanish Civil War and Russian Revolution, the farcical idea that all human beings will automatically agree and want to all act the same without some firm of control or indoctrination is to completely ignore the realities of human nature.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Or its the spooks doing it

So that the government can inflict more draconian legislation on people under the banner of 'we need more powers to stop this sort of thing'.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

so they proved

that it takes no skill to sh*t in the pool and ruin it for everyone.

Many infants have already demonstrated that.

tw@ts.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like