back to article Women-only town seeks men

A Brazilian town populated solely by "extremely attractive" women is looking for obedient and well-behaved men to come and, erm, romance them. The 600 women of Noiva do Cordeiro are feeling amorous, but there are simply no chaps about to court them. So they have issued a call for eligible males who think they're man enough to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. corestore

I'd better start taking my vitamins...

1. LarsG

The contract

Chapter 5, paragraph 8, section 234.96

It is compulsory to have sex with me at least 22 times a week.

Chapter 5, paragraph 8, section 234.97

It is compulsory to satisfy my every deviant need.

Chapter 5, paragraph 8, section 234.98

It is compulsory to bring me to an orgasm 98% of the time.

Chapter 5, paragraph 8, section 234.99

Alcohol will be strictly forbidden.

Come on, they'll never find anyone with these onerous contract conditions will they.

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Re: The contract

Bring to an orgasm 98% of the time? It's a typo.

Five sigma confidence to qualify, no less.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

@ Vladimir Plouzhnikov, 69 will give 98, kid.

2. Greg Jebb

9-8% of the time. Done!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Simple solution

There are parts of India where there is a significant discrepancy between the number of male babies 'born' 120 to female babies 'born' 100.

In a number of areas the ratio is even worse.

Instead of advertising in Brazil they should be relaxing immigration policy for the Indian subcontinent.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

2. king of foo

cannibalism

I'm waiting for the mass graves and special cookery books to be uncovered...

This sounds a lot like the start of a b movie...

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Re: cannibalism

They should be careful then.

With the first drop of my blood in their veins their faces might convulse in vulgar pains...

1. frank ly

Maybe death by snu-snu if you're well behaved?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Snu snu

Well done for the reference to snu-snu, didn't know anyone else watched that highly acclaimed tech program Futurama.

2. chivo243 Silver badge

too funny... they must be Amazon women in the Mood....

2. Captain Hogwash
        Headmaster

Mortal pains!

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

First time I ever read those lyrics it said "vulgar", must have been a misprint - not unexpected from a samizdat leaflet back in good old USSR, but it's "vulgar" for me ever since :-)

2. sandman

Plus 10 internet points for a truly obscure musical reference ;-)

3. Mike Moyle

But the important question is:

Guacamole or clam dip?

3. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Windows

The branch-off into frankly bizarre constructions has gone too far.

Sounds like a mashup of the anarcho-collectivist commune that King Arthur encountered while searching for the Holy Grail, and the Castle of Anthrax.

Not sure whether viable.

1. Elmer Phud

Re: The branch-off into frankly bizarre constructions has gone too far.

"Castle of Anthrax"

And after the spanking . . .

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Read the terms. They're the ones doing the spanking.

1. Bryan Maguire

you make that sound like a bad thing.

4. Mr C
    Paris Hilton

this sounds like a "you won a $1M dollar, just sign here" deal

if its too good to be true it probably is.

Agree with the "start of a b movie" comment above :P

but no loss from getting a bucket with ice to cool down some

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Re: this sounds like a "you won a $1M dollar, just sign here" deal

I'd go there for a holiday. Just to check it out, you know. But I don't think I'll get the permission from me wife...

2. VinceH

"Agree with the "start of a b movie" comment above :P"

Or the start of a classic Carry On Caper!

1. Martin-73 Silver badge

Ah yes, "I'm getting to the end of my tether with this"

"you're lucky, I can't even feel mine"

5. ratfox

Did Gabriel García Márquez know about this town?

Sounds like one of his novels. Doesn't end well either.

1. Neil Barnes Silver badge

Re: Did Gabriel García Márquez know about this town?

I'm thinking of the women's group that follow Dionisio Vivo around in Louis de Berniere's 'Coca' trilogy.

I'll have to ask the missus - she's a Carioca.

6. stu 4

Amazonian Women

not a single mention of em....

I've seen alt.binaries.amazon-women.admirers.... no thanks.

1. Irony Deficient

Re: Amazonian Women

stu 4, Noiva do Cordeiro is in Minas Gerais, about 100 km from Belo Horizonte — it’s nowhere near the Amazon.

7. Charles Manning

spiders

No doubt lots of spiders to kill.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: spiders

I was also interested by the idea that women without men live in harmony. All I can say is that this hasn't been my experience.

1. James Micallef Silver badge

"the idea that women without men..."

It's clear from one of the quotes that the women do not live without men, just that the men there are either married or closely related.

"...live in harmony"

In a small closed community, there is going to be more resentment under the surface than is apparent because of the necessity to keep good relations with people you depend on. Not sure whether this would be more the case with all-women (or all-men), or whether it's not gender-specific at all.

Adding a few eligible bachelors to a community with a lot of single women could increase that (accusations of 'you're stealing my boyfriend' etc), especially if their stated aim is marriage i.e. exclusivity. On the other hand, there might be just the right proportion that women learn to live together without jealousy, 'sharing' the men among them, or else getting nothing at all - A bit like 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress', but with genders reversed

1. Craigness

@james the men are only allowed in on the weekends. Probably to plough the fields, put petrol in the cars, open some jars and give the ladies some d--k.

"Quite a few years ago, I had the pleasure of watching the Dutch version of Survivor (Expeditie Robinson) with my feminist roommate. That particular season would have two islands, one populated by men and one populated by women"

You can tell this is going to be good: http://www.returnofkings.com/32053/this-accidental-experiment-shows-the-superiority-of-patriarchy

Didn't Camille Paglia recently say that if it was left to women we'd still be in mud huts?

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre
            Coat

"Didn't Camille Paglia recently say that if it was left to women we'd still be in mud huts?"

Very tidy and well-decorated mud huts though.

2. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

You can tell this is going to be good: http://www.returnofkings.com/32053/this-accidental-experiment-shows-the-superiority-of-patriarchy

I wonder what the outcome would have been if the women involved had been given survival training - the issue isn't just organisational, it's also having the skills. Having said that, it's been my experience that it's easier to organise men because they're quicker to focus on a common goal, but that could be confirmation bias. Personally I believe a mix is best.

As for the original topic, I suspect they will wish soon that they hadn't advertised as every idiot on the planet is going to descend on them..

1. Craigness

@AC "survival training"? What's wrong with "survival figuring it out for yourself"?

--

Michaelangelo would have been good at decorating mud huts.

2. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

>as every idiot on the planet is going to descend on them..

Wouldn't that leave them thinking that they're plan is working? Confused.

2. Nuke
          Meh

@James Micallef - Re: spiders

Wrote :- "Adding a few eligible bachelors to a community with a lot of single women"

No chance of that. After this story the place is going to be overwhelmed with men.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I was also interested by the idea that women without men live in harmony. All I can say is that this hasn't been my experience.

That has always been my problem with the "72 virgins" idea...

8. Scott Pedigo
    Gimp

Send Frank Miller

Did this remind anyone else of Sin City? I say, send Frank Miller there for inspiration.

Naughty mask, because, that's what the men are going to be forced to wear.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Felines

I bet the place is full of cats and it is a lynchable offence to leave the toilet seat up.

Just checking travel plans on rome2rio and picking up some catnip now...

10. Captain DaFt

Yeah, right.

>rolls eyes<

11. John Deeb

cult in need of advertising

From The Mirror: The whole town came together recently to help buy a huge widescreen TV for our community centre so we can all watch soap operas together. "And there's always time to stop and gossip, try on each other's clothes and do each other's hair and nails."

They do not really advertise, ehmmm, the romancing part, do they now? Their first catch should be an advertisement guru to create more illusions about wild romances and complex triangles. I mean the article does say they "share everything". Until the snake in paradise enters I suppose: the village will become soaked in blood when jealousy rears its ugly head.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Early retirement destination list

Far North of Scotland now down to Number 2.

New entry at Number 1.

1. Fluffy Bunny
      Joke

Re: Early retirement destination list

"Far North of Scotland now down to Number 2".... er try 42.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Darling

I'm going to be a bit late back

14. Anomalous Cowshed

Beware, O horny IT types!

Bear in mind carefully these clues, as you pack your bags full of condoms and head out to meet the sirens of Brazil's lost city of Amazons for the orgy of the century!

First: the town was founded in 1891

Second: everyone is a cousin

Third: you'll have to do WHAT WE SAY

In your dreams, you recline on a couch as a bevy of naked nymphs feed you grapes, play harps and lyres, and massage your sore aches (to put it in polite wording).

In reality...

Oy, come here, you! Yeah, no. 67538. You're assigned to baba Samba y Futebol. She's not had a man in over 80 years, because...well, because...as we said, we're all cousins here and it can result in certain, er, unique physical and mental attributes. You'll see when you get there. She lives in Casa de los Tarantulas e Crocodylos, at the edge of the village, so called because, er, well...there's lots of them around. Your duties include having sex 10 times a day, filleting and cooking the tarantulas, feeding the crocodiles and cleaning your owner'slove's dentures and the rest of the home. Get moving!!!

1. Nick Ryan Silver badge

Re: Beware, O horny IT types!

Casa de los Tarantulas e Crocodylos

I think I've just found a name for my holiday home. Now to deal with the small matter of not owning a holiday home...

2. Lapun Mankimasta

Re: Beware, O horny IT types!

Casa de los Tarantulas e Crocodylos

should read:

Casa dos Tarantulos e Crocodylos

It is Portuguese-speaking Brazil, after all. De los is Spanish, which you'll speak when you cross the border to the south or the west or the north - you can try crossing the eastern border, but that depends on how long you can hold your breath, I'm afraid ... :)

3. Nuke
      Coffee/keyboard

@Anomalous Cowshed - Re: Beware, O horny IT types!

Wrote:- "You're assigned to baba Samba y Futebol. She's not had a man in over 80 years"

New keyboard from you please.

15. MyffyW Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

What more warning do you need.

Calm down boys. You should know better than to trust your hearts to Amazon. It's only a matter of time before Jeff Bezos will corner that market too.

16. Paddy B

Did you read this?

Read this article http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/25/unacceptable_behaviour_at_tech_events/ just before this one.

They don't sit too well together.

1. LucreLout
      Trollface

Re: Did you read this?

Sure they do - both are attempts by women to make men conform to their behavioural standards.

2. gazthejourno (Written by Reg staff)

Have you read beyond the headlines?

3. ElReg!comments!Pierre

And you joined just to post this comment?

Wow.

17. elmo

This topic

Is worthless without pictures! (of the women in question)

1. Simon Harris
      1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Telegraph pictures

If you look carefully, the second picture has a man standing in the background. He looks .. tired..

:)

2. Fatman
      Coat

Re: This topic

Might these suffice? (WARNING NSFW and definitely NSAW (Not Safe Around Women)).

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/jfeKEq56fKc/0.jpg

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/chybMnfbih0/0.jpg

I was looking for the one of that Brazilian soccer player who has such a 'perfect ass', but I can't find it.

18. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Looking for week-end slaves really

Apparently some of the women there are married but the husbands have to work out of town all week and are allowed in town only on the week-end. There <u>are</u> chaps interested in a wife and family, but this kind of family? Not too sure. That's a college fratboy kind of family life, and I doubt the townies and fratboys would be a good match, not least because I doubt the hubbies are supposed to have sex while away from home (all week, every week, for life)

19. Simon Harris
    Flame

123 years...

... and they're still waiting for someone to light the barbecue.

(runs away and hides from my Brazilian girlfriend who's good at lighting barbecues).

20. Ginolard

Whipcrack sound

"But first they need to agree to do what we say and live according to our rules."

Aaaaaand, I'm out.

1. GrumpyOldBloke

Re: Whipcrack sound

That is not the fun bit. Living as an all female community (most of the time) their cycles may have synced. You wouldn't want to be the token male within weapons range that week! Such a community might even need to advertise for males from time to time in order to replace the poor souls who didn't make it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Whipcrack sound

You wouldn't want to be the token male within weapons range that week!

I didn't laugh so much as howl at that. You're right, that is actually a scientifically established fact.

21. hazzamon

Interviews are taking place in Rio de Janeiro...

...and the end of the queue is currently in Buenos Aires.

22. Lapun Mankimasta

April 1st months ago/next year

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Just looked at my passport - no, wasn't born yesterday.

23. Al fazed
    FAIL

Not sure this is such a good idea

since they have bought a wide screen TV for the community centre so that they can watch soap operas, so there'll be no Top Gear for a start. Not to mention what it might actually be like being told what to do every day by a fucking TV Zombie ................

I may be desperate for a shag, but I am still not biting as I am concienciously avoiding being seduced by a feminine Hitler ...........

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Not sure this is such a good idea

I may be desperate for a shag, but I am still not biting as I am concienciously avoiding being seduced by a feminine Hitler

You have a tech inclination and know about the Net (or you wouldn't come here) - surely you know there are plenty of men who'd *pay* for that? I suspect they won't be short of applicants.

24. Lapun Mankimasta

"Sons are sent away when they reach 18 and no other men are permitted to live in the town"

sounds very much like any number of matriarchal mammal species ...

25. croc

I've just checked my calendar. It is not April, or late March... Better start brushing up on my Portuguese.

26. Splodger

<Marvin voice>

Backward jungle hell-hole populated by in-bred, desperate screechy women?

...Sounds ghastly.

</Marvin voice>

Had just one of those in my life in the past, can't see much appeal in a whole town full.

27. MatsSvensson

So I noticed it doesn't say anywhere that they are human females?

28. earl grey
    Trollface

herds ????

I think i see the problem here..

29. Sheep!

I'd go but given there are only 600 of them it wouldn't be fair leaving none for the other men.

30. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Do they have high speed internet?

Do they have high speed internet? And do I have to speak Portuguese?

1. Irony Deficient

Re: Do they have high speed internet?

Anonymous Coward, given the village’s rural location, define “high speed”. Learning Portuguese might help, even if you choose not to speak it. (Who knows — your not saying a word might be a plus for somebody there.) Once you’ve picked up some Portuguese, you could look for a documentary named Noivas do Cordeiro (a play on the village’s name) to learn more about the people there. The sentence Todos trabalham, todos comem o que plantam should provide a dose of reality.

31. Don Constance

"But first they need to agree to do what we say and live according to our rules."

You will of course never be allowed to know what those rules are until after you have been judged to have contravened them ;-)

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Too bad I can't upvote this a few thousand times.

32. Eddy Ito

Just when you think you know El Reg. They give you a headline like that and it isn't about an understaffed server farm in Rio without air conditioning.

33. Greg J Preece

Men are shit.

Men are shit.

Men are shit.

Men are shit.

Men are shit.

Hey men, wanna come live with us? Why not?

34. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What week is it best not to visit?

35. Hud Dunlap
    IT Angle

Let me be the first

IT angle?

1. Steve Hillier

Re: Let me be the first

Fem-puter: After lengthy femputations, I, Femputer, have decided the fate of the men. Femputer sentences them to death...

[everyone gasps]

Fem-puter: By snoo-snoo!

Fry, Captain Zapp Brannigan, Bender: Yeah! Woo-hoo!

36. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'd need to check out the town library first....

If the first book I see is "To Serve Man", I'm running for the hills.

37. This post has been deleted by its author

38. Frank N. Stein

How many of you chaps are lining up to ditch your own lives to go and be with a bunch of hot feminist Brazilian babes? :-) Think I'll just pass on that.

39. Matthew Taylor

Summer is a comin' in...

Where's Edward Woodward when you need him?

40. Rick Brasche

Wicker Man Redux?

Nic Cage and the bees think this could be a trap.

41. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Harmony??

You're kidding, right? Have you SEEN how women interact with each other? They may not be violent, but the fairer sex can do far more damage with the rumor mill than most guys can do with a fist.

1. Andrew Jones 2

Re: Harmony??

I was thinking something similar,

I was thinking that they way they deal with "crime" is probably to gang up and emotionally torture the offender until she either flees town or kills herself.

I imagine this town of "hot" girls will probably be something like the mean girls in highschool.

42. chivo243 Silver badge

C'mon, say it with me!

Eyes down dink!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmwl3-D62XE

43. Nick Pettefar

From the Telegraph:

"Elida Dayse, who organises visits to the area, said: “It looks as if the majority of the population are women, but it’s partly because the men leave during the week to work in the city.” However, some of the town’s women fear that an influx of men could destroy their distinctive way of life."

So basically there are a lot of single women but not exclusively, no work, it's poor and it's miles from anywhere. Surely there are better prospects elsewhere for a young man?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

44. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The whole News is a sham.

Try google translator for this:

http://noticias.uol.com.br/ultimas-noticias/bbc/2014/08/29/cidade-de-beldades-desmente-boato-internacional-de-campanha-por-homens.htm

Shame on you, El Reg. BBC Brasil site unmasked the fake news. And you fell for it without checking sources.

1. sisk

Re: The whole News is a sham.

I rather thought it might be a hoax. It just sounded way too much like that Swedish 'city of lesbians' rumor that had the men of south east Asia so excited a few years back.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: The whole News is a sham.

Well, you fixed it for me. I was looking for the word 'hoax' on some dark corner of my mind.

45. Bradley Hardleigh-Hadderchance
    Alert

If it sounds too good to be true..

Alright, dig it

Cold coolin' at a bar and I'm lookin' for some action

But like Mike Jagger said, 'I Can't Get No Satisfaction'

The girls are all around but none of them wanna get with me

My threads are fresh and I'm lookin' def, yo, what's up with L O C?

The girls all jockin' at the other end of the bar

Havin' drinks with some no-name chump

When they know that I'm the star

So, I got up and strolled over to the other side of the cantina

I asked the guy, why you so fly? He said, Funky Cold Medina

Funky Cold Medina

This brother told me a secret on how to get more chicks

Put a little Medina in your glass and the girls'll come real quick

It's better than any alcohol or aphrodisiac

A couple of sips of this love potion and she'll be on your lap

So, I gave some to my dog when he began to beg

Then he licked his bowl and he looked at me

And did the wild thing on my leg

He used to scratch and bite me before he was much, much meaner

But now all the poodles run to my house for the Funky Cold Medina

You know what I'm sayin'?

I got every dog in my neighborhood breakin' down' my door

I got Spuds McKenzie, Alex from Stroh's

They won't leave my dog alone with that Medina, pal

I went up to this girl, she said, Hi, my name is Sheena

I thought she'd be good to go with a little Funky Cold Medina

She said, I'd like a drink, I said, Ehm, ok, I'll go get it

Then a couple sips, she cold licked her lips

And I knew that she was with it

So, I took her to my crib and everything went well as planned

But when she got undressed, it was a big old mess, Sheena was a man

So, I threw him out, I don't fool around with no Oscar Meyer wiener

You must be sure that the girl is pure for the Funky Cold Medina

You know, ain't no plans with a man

This is the 80's and I'm down with the ladies

Break it down

Back in the saddle, lookin' for a little affection

I took a shot as a contestant on 'The Love Connection'

The audience voted and you know they picked a winner

I took my date to the Hilton for Medina and some dinner

She had a few drinks, I'm thinkin' soon what I'll be gettin'

Instead she started talkin' 'bout plans for our weddin'

I said, wait, slow down, love, not so fast, says, I'll be seein' ya

That's why I found you don't play around with the Funky Cold Medina

Ya know what I'm sayin'

That Medina's a monster, y'all

-----------------------------------

TL;DR - Sheena was a man!

46. CaptainBanjax
    FAIL

Hah...bossed about by women.

Now that I'm back from taking out the trash and the dishwasher is unpacked the wife has said I can tell you bossy women are for saps.

This topic is closed for new posts.