back to article Things are looking up in Flappy Bird sequel

Game developer Dong Nguyen, the man behind Flappy Bird, has revealed the name and look of his next game. “Swing Copters” is the new time-waster's moniker and the gameplay, as recorded by toucharcade, looks an awful lot like Flappy Bird turned 90 degrees to the left. The one new element looks to be swinging hammers that mean …

1. Khaptain Silver badge

Fodder for Nintendo copyright lawyers

Doesn't look a bit like something ripped from a Mario game, no sireee.

2. RyokuMas
    Facepalm

Great...

... here comes another deluge of shitware and clones, flooding out the marketplaces and smothering any genuine new games before they can gain any kind of traction.

Anyone know when this is likely to hit, so I can time my own release appropriately?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Shaft

Hmm... This sounds similar to a great addictive game already out there called "The Shaft". Currently available only on Android, but way better than Flappy Bird ;)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maplescot.theshaft

Check it out.

1. duriej

Re: The Shaft

Hah. The Shaft is my game. I was just going to post a comment about how similar this looks.

1. a well wisher

"The Shaft is my game"

Consider yourself shafted then !

1. duriej
          Angel

Funnily enough shafted was the working title of the game

2. Nick Ryan Silver badge

Nice. It looks an interesting enough game but as it requires Identity and Account use permissions it ain't getting installed.

1. duriej

I guess you don't play any games that use Google play games services then? All of them require it.

1. Nick Ryan Silver badge

I guess you don't play any games that use Google play games services then? All of them require it.

Quite possibly. Is there a way to tell if an application is using these permissions as part of the google play games services or not? No... therefore no install.

There are a lot of apps I don't install... :)

1. duriej

And there will probably be even fewer in the future as Google is making the app permissions model (or at least the view of it) less granular

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

The shaft is your game you say...."You're damn right".....

4. Stuart Castle Silver badge

Looks like someone took flappy birds and tuned it on it's side.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon