back to article Oracle claims knockout blow in IP lawsuit

Oracle says new findings by the judge hearing its case against third party software support outfit Rimini Street prove its IP has been pinched. Judge Larry R Hicks' orders aren't online yet, but Oracle has kindly let the world know about what it considers the best bits. Those include a quote to the effect that “Rimini had …

1. DrXym

Good news for Oracle

They should upload the press release to a webserver running Oracle Linux.

2. Blarkon

Remember when Open Source evangelists told us that the way that firms would make money creating open source software was through support?

I guess now "charging for support" is as evil as charging for software licenses.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

> Remember when Open Source evangelists told us that the way that firms would make money creating open source software was through support?

Congratulations. That's the most ridiculous straw man I've seen since Worzel Gummidge.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

off topic oracle gripe

Why the hell is company the size of Oracle interrupting my evening to try and push "Ask" and alsorts of other bullshit into my computers? If I wanted stuff like that in my media pc I'd open the side panel and take a dump in it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is why Microsoft have a public KB for all users

And an additional private KB for them to use if you pay for Premier support.

It's no worse than a generic car garage fixing your car vs. a main dealer with better inside technical knowledge.

5. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

The Judge apparently said...

... “It is undisputed that Rimini engaged in theft of Oracle's intellectual property”

Didn't Rimini dispute it?

6. launcap Silver badge
    Stop

'Responsed'? 'RESPONSED'?

In which variety of the English language is that a word? I shall be cancelling my subscription forthwith!

1. Hans 1

Re: 'Responsed'? 'RESPONSED'?

Ever noticed " Tips & corrections" ?

Be smart!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like