back to article Coming to a console near you: Destiny beta and The Last of Us Remastered

During my time with the Destiny beta I’ve veered from game to game in a bid to nail down exactly what it is that Destiny reminds me of most. Activision Destiny Beta Character classes: suits you At first that game was Halo and no prizes for guessing why. Not only is Destiny built by Halo’s creator, Bungie, but with its sci- …

1. Khaptain Silver badge

PS3 - won't come away disappointed either.

I can't really agree with that last remark.

The Last of Us is one of those rare pearls whereby the graphics are really not the important. The important factor about TLOU was the storyline and the characters, both of which were extremely well thought out, scripted and acted. This is a game that has soul rather than pixels.

Updating the graphics will not change the games appeal, it is/was already an excellent game, so the new graphics wont really give it any new pulling power.

1. MJI Silver badge

Re: PS3 - won't come away disappointed either.

Actually the good graphics even on the PS3 version really enabled you to zone in, the facial animations, the body language. The giraffes, the vegetation, it drew you in so much you almost felt you were there.

And as you said one of the best stories ever in a video game.

Now time to wait for Uncharted 4.

2. Steven Raith

£45?

For a mild reskin of an existing game with some extra particle effects and the DLC that should have been included in the game from the offset if the option of lazy development (AKA DLC) wasn't there?

I don't fucking think so.

HTH

Steven R

1. MJI Silver badge

Re: £45?

I take it you haven't read about this.

A large amout of PS4 purchasers did not own a PS3, this is mainly aimed at them.

Left Behind was produced after release. So could not have been included.

ND used it to develop their PS4 tools. So what if it is a reskin, it is still one of the best games ever.

I was playing Left Behind last night, on hard, on the PS3.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

This, very much. Of the previous generation I have a 360 and a Wii. Got a PS4. 50€ for this including DLC? Hell yes.

2. Anonymoist Cowyard
      Megaphone

£45 for the best game ever released on any system to date. That's a hell of bargain. Your loss....

1. Steven Raith

Or they could have, you know, actually come up with an original idea or a fresh concept, something the new generation of consoles direly needs.

1. Anonymoist Cowyard

2-3 years of development says hi...

1. Steven Raith

You're all part of the problem. So don't complain when they rehash Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for XBone/PS4 because it's how you get 'the experience the developers intended', etc.

HTH.

Steven R

Edit: Not that I'm disillusioned with the current generation of games or anything. *cough*

1. MJI Silver badge

But TLOU is actually a good game!

3. Rich 30

Also, not £45, if you shop around even a little bit...

Amazon, for example - http://amzn.to/1m5pXqs - £38

Or Argos - http://bit.ly/1qxU0tO - £39

Or many, many other places

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like