back to article Forgot About Dre? Not us. Euro bods give nod to Apple and Beats deal

The European Commission has given its official blessing to the $3bn acquisition by Apple of headphone manufacturer Beats. After considering whether the link-up fitted in with merger regulations, the antitrust regulators decided the two firms were sufficiently different that there was no concerns about competition. In a …

1. Christopher E. Stith
    Trollface

But Dre has the right to be forgotten in the EU.

Dre has the right to be forgotten in the EU, whatever that means. I doubt he'd want to be, though.

1. VinceH

Re: But Dre has the right to be forgotten in the EU.

I'm quite happy to forget him.

2. The_Idiot

Competition...

<

"Moreover, even after the transaction, a large number of global competitors such as Bose, Sennheiser and Sony would remain."

>

In my own personal view, and any reader who differs is of course equally entitled to theirs - Dr Dre phones are no more in competition with Sennheiser than Reliant (of Robin fame) are in competition with Ferrari..Of course, I'm an Idiot :-).

1. Zog_but_not_the_first
      Pint

Re: Competition...

A million upvotes (I'm a Sennheiser fan, as is anyone with ears and a brain).

And have a pint too.

3. Bradley Hardleigh-Hadderchance

Look, it takes a nation of millions to hold us back...

Shit, wrong band. Ah well, that's the problem wit dem niggas wit attitude.

Enough of my best material. You haven't paid after all.

I just wanted to drop some science to the fuckwits.

I have wanted to do this about 5 times before, but the life blood was loosing (sic) out of me.

Look. You can fucking not tell the difference between a full on mp3 encoded at constant bit rate. What was it? 320Kilobitches or something. Fucked if I know. But you have less of a clue.

Look, if you think you can tell the difference between the highest encoding of MP3 and ANY OTHER LOSSLESS FORMAT YOU CARE TO MENTION INCLUDING WAV OR FLAC, then please do get in touch. We have a place in the Circus for you. That's right, all you so called audio high end buffs, you make yourself out to be buffoons - you can NOT tell the difference. FACT.

I'm being serious about this. If you do think you can tell the difference between a 320K Mp3 and your whatever format of choice, get in touch with the fellas at the Register - you know this rag you are reading. And I will personally organize a test with the biggest players in the game that will pay you 10,000 Dollars/Pounds/Euros, if you can tell the difference.

I am calling you out on your bullshit. Yes, all you fuckwits that work in the audio industry and have had hit records - you can not fucking do it so shut the fucking fuck up, ok?

Or else, organise a time with yer man at the Register and we will have this out once and for all.

One of the names I can say will be down, will be Image-Line, they will definitely put up the money if you can tell the difference.

Let us be clear.

You can not tell the difference between a 320KBs Mp3 compared with any other format of your choice (wav. flac.) if you can - you win a very big amount of money and go into the history books, and cause all the DSP (Digital Signal Processing) books that have been printed so far to be recalled and reprinted and redistributed.

Any one up for it?

Some one in the recording industry maybe? Someone that makes records? I thought not.

So, now, just shut the fuck up!

K.

1. RobTub

Re: Look, it takes a nation of millions to hold us back...

With the equipment I have, I don't think I can hear any differences between 320kbps and lossless. The most expensive headphones I ever bought is a measly 100 bucks affair and then it is to listen to handheld devices. But with super high-end equipment where components are rated to faithfully reproduce sounds from source to output at 0 to 20khz, and with the hearing capacity of a young man, then maybe some subtle differences can be detected. But then again, it could border on the subjective, since different equipment would sample digital content and reproduce them differently, leading to perhaps a bit of colouring of sound. If I were to choose between 320bitrate and lossless? Lossless of course. But that is today's choice at today's storage costs. Years back I thought I was already being a spendthrift using nothing less than 256bitrate. The last time I tested my ears, I am deaf beyond 11khz, so yes, I should be happy with even 192bitrate.

4. Bradley Hardleigh-Hadderchance
    Facepalm

Shit, wrong thread.

But there ya go.

We are never as clever as we think we are.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like