back to article MSI's 10in Eee PC rival priced up in UK

How much will MSI's would-be Eee PC beater set you back? £320 for the Linux version or £350 for the Windows XP Home release, according to UK importer Expansys. MSI Wind MSI's Wind: blowing into the UK in June Both models incorporate a 1.6GHz Intel Atom processor, 1GB of memory, an 80GB hard drive, integrated Intel graphics …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. George Flecknell
    Unhappy

A wind up surely

A SUB notebook for a notebook price. What on earth is the idea here. Why can we not buy a celeron laptop for 150 quid. Ah! I know. It's because the marketing/price model has been manipulated by adding a range of super pricey laptop alternatives.

Why not have sub-notebook 100 - 200 quid

Entry level laptop 250 - 350 quid

Expensive laptop 350+

Silly silly silly.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Confusion over 8.9in Version

Is that because its actually a 10 inch laptop with an 8.9 inch screen?

Marketing will say anything to make you think its better.

3. John Vaudin
    Thumb Down

They don't get it

The main thing about the original Eee was that, at £179, it was so cheap you could justify buying one just to read email and browse on the move. Even ASUS seem to have slightly lost the plot as they push the spec and the price up towards regular laptop levels. This MSI thing is just a not especially cheap, really low-spec laptop - what is the point?

Mind you Expansys aren't exactly the cheapest place around, so maybe we'll see some more sensible pricing elsewhere.

4. Elsie
    Unhappy

£329?! The're nuts!

Oh do I not like that!

As other have said, the point of these is to make them small and cheap. At over £230ish you may as well get a better spec'd 15.4in notebook. Talk about missing the point.

5. Anonymous Hero
    Paris Hilton

I really really want one but...

...I agree with posters above, I thought the idea of these things was to be cheap and cheerful. I could swallow 199 quid for one but 320 for something just to check my email, do a bit of surfing and read doco's in bed is just a bit wrong. The manufacturers of these things have completely lost the spirit and their way.

Paris, because she'd prefer it to be 10"s rather than 8.9.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Price

Don't forget this has an 80gb HDD and a 1.6ghz CPU, so I think the price is pretty reasonable.

I really want to know what the battery life is like - if it's better than the EEE, I will be getting one.

This topic is closed for new posts.