back to article Facebook, are you listening? Fusion-io chucks 6.4TB 'Atomic' flash kit at world

PCIe-card flasher Fusion-io has a new piece of ioMemory hardware and is calling it the Atomic Series. This third-generation architecture product stores up to 6.4TB. The existing ioScale card stores 3.2TB of data. That’s made using 2Xnm class MLC NAND (29-20nm). Fusion says the new card is faster, maybe twice as fast as the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Squirrel

Price for the curious?

How many limbs?

1. Crazy Operations Guy

Re: Price for the curious?

All of yours and those of your children and possibly your parents' too, if Fusion-IO's previous prices are anything to go by...

2. Crazy Operations Guy
    WTF?

So what does Facebook have to do with this?

Other than the blurb at the end, what the hell does Facebook have to do with a product release from some other company? From what I've read about Facebook architecture, they are quite happy to just use custom built hardware based on cheap, commodity parts.

1. Captain Scarlet

Re: So what does Facebook have to do with this?

They were two of Fusion-IO's biggest customers

1. Crazy Operations Guy

Re: So what does Facebook have to do with this?

Didn't know that, would have been nice if it was pointed out in the article...

3. CADmonkey

*throws money at screen*

4. mrbluesky

Prices are much better now

Not like the early days, you may be surprised.

5. Nate Amsden

how's that hot swap workin out for you

PCIe flash I think will continue to be a niche for workloads that are extreme performance related, most everyone else will stick to hot swap 2.5" SSDs for ease of maintenance ...........though that should be obvious I hope.

Sure there are systems that can do hot swap PCI but it seems very uncommon in the x86 world for people to try that route.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Full height - oh!

Hmm..won't fit my servers!

7. disk iops

re: Full height - oh!

1U and 2U servers can take 2-5 full height cards. what kind of PoS are you buying?

This topic is closed for new posts.