back to article Failover in FOUR SECONDS? HP's SAP-specific iron hits the streets

HP has added two SAP-specific implementation to its ConvergedSystem product line: the CS900 for enterprise customers, and the CS500 for the smaller shop. The pitch from HP is that with a configuration purpose-built for different application environments, it can get customers firing with new servers, without the sysadmin having …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Primary cause of SAP-running hardware failures...

A frustrated SAP user physically destroying the hardware through violence.

LOL.

1. AMBxx Silver badge
      Joke

Re: Primary cause of SAP-running hardware failures...

SAP ensures best practice. Sounds like the use is doing it all wrong.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Primary cause of SAP-running hardware failures...

That's wonderful! Now we can fail over as many as 21,600 times a day!

2. JDX Gold badge

SAP fail-over...

...and over, and over again.

3. Simulacra75

Wow!

The SMB version( presumably cheaper) running 256TB per node! Sign me up!!!

1. Crazy Operations Guy

Re: Wow!

Even 256 GBs is ridiculous for an SMB. I've seen SMBs where all of their servers combined added up to about 256 GB of RAM. Although I suppose it depends on what qualifies as an 'SMB'...

4. Tim 11
    Trollface

how on earth did it come to this?

needing all this state-of-the-art computing resource just to figure out a few people's time-sheets and expenses forms

<insert obligatory comparison with the amount of processing power required to execute a moon landing>

1. Getriebe

Re: how on earth did it come to this?

You forgot the /s

To run a major ERP system with hundred level BOMs and create MRP work tos for multiple workcentres with stock pulls from multiple warehouse is a tad more difficult than you outline

Whilst no fan of SAP, most of the stories against them originate in failed implementations which mostly is nothing to do with their software; its the people working around it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like