back to article Watch this! RHEL 7 - The new release preview

Youtube Video RHEL 7 is shaping up to have the biggest incremental change ever... From file systems, boot loader to daemon control and desktop manager - administrators will have their hands full when making the transition. In this 90 min webinar, an unnamed QA trainer will take you through Content: Roadmap; Boot with GRUB2; …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Argh....

webinar.... WFT... it's a horrible, ugly, pointless word, stop it now.

2. Qarumba
    FAIL

Embarrassing...

...that the presenter had to use Microsoft to create a presentation for the RHEL release.

1. Nigel 11

Re: Embarrassing...

Not really embarassing for Red Hat. They do servers. They don't really claim desktop Linux (although personally I'm happier with my Linux desktop atop a Red Hat clone like Centos, than atop Ubuntu or SuSE).

BTW if you do run Redhat or similar on desktops, when you migrate them to 7, I'd recommend overriding the new default to keep ext4 as your root FS. I wouldn't entirely trust XFS in an environment where the electricity supply is unreliable (ie, where lusers have fingers on the power buttons).

1. Qarumba

Re: Embarrassing...

I agree servers are their main business but they also do RHEL Desktop which is advertised as including a free of charge productivity suite (LibreOffice). If I ran Redhat I'd want anyone demonstrating it to use my products.

3. bcollie

I suspect vmware and fast may want to have a word

4. Ilsa Loving

Can't anyone type anymore?

Why does everything have to be a webanar or a youtube video now-a-days? Is typing that hard a thing to do?

I don't have have time to sit through a 90 minute blabfest just to find out what I can expect from this new version.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like