back to article Nokia: What to do with our euro BEELLIONS... Eh, let's spaff some on connected cars

Nokia has just announced that one of the things it is going to do with its newly acquired money mountain is to invest $100m of it (€71.7m, £58.9m) in connected cars. This is a bit of a change of heart for the Finnish firm, which six years ago sold its automotive business to the German VC Novero. But these are different times …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

HERE

Did Nokia fixed their lousy routing algorithm by now?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: HERE

Is it as bad as your grammar checker?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Devil

Re: HERE

"Is it as bad as your grammar checker?"

The day you learn a foreign language and use the grammar like a native, then we can talk again, meanwhile, vai levar no cú :-D.

2. Magnus_Pym

Nokia sat nav

I loved the sat nav on my old Nokia N8. I found accurate, easy to read and fast to recalculate. I miss it now the office has moved onto iPhones. Hopefully they we re-licence the iPhone version sometime soon.

1. Neil Hoskins

Re: Nokia sat nav

I only just found out that the current Lumias don't do re-routing according to traffic conditions, so my N8 has been pulled out of the drawer; so much for convergence. Maybe Nokia should spend some of their billions on bringing Here Drive back up to the standard it was several years ago on Symbian. With Google now pushing towards offline maps, Nokia are in severe danger of being left behind in mapping, just as they were with smartphones. With mapping gone, there won't be much left and they'll have to go back to selling wellies.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like