back to article Review: GFI Cloud eliminates need to nursemaid Windows

How do you take care of a network's worth of PCs if you are short of time and resources? Recently, I have been looking at the kinds of tools that systems administrators need and have come to the conclusion that for those who are time-poor and overworked, GFI Cloud ticks several of the important boxes. The purpose of GFI Cloud …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. garden-snail
    Meh

Can we get a screenshot?

1. Steve Knox

Pics, or it didn't happen

Agreed.

Trevor, you spend a lot of words describing the interface, which still doesn't tell me, for example, where the "Network button" is or what it looks like. One screenshot would give all of those words context and meaning.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I use GFI Cloud with one client. Not for monitoring or asset management (I use Desktop Central for some of that, plus deployment and MDM) - for anti-virus and web protection. Nice clear positive daily status e-mail. Reporting looks good but is oddly restrictive - you can find out users' web usage today, and for the last seven days, but not for yesterday, for example. Agent deployment was pleasantly straightforward. Tech support has been pleasant and effective.

I don't like dealing with GFI (UK) sales or admin though. Unpleasant. And I vividly remember deploying their on-server Excahnge anti-spam solution some years back, to find that it scanned all mailboxes deleting what it thought was spam - by default, automatically and immediately and without warning.

1. Babbit55

Please don't paint us all with that brush! though sorry for the previous experience. I am on the GFI sales team though within the MSP "MAX" product range based in Dundee, cloud is really well received though if you are looking for something to manage clients as a support company instead of end users within your organisation you want GFIMAX Remote management, Cloud was built to be the "Sys admin" MAXRM.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Selling to MSP's must be tough when you are asking us to trust you to have a conduit through to our livelihood (and that of our clients) and yet don't bother with the most simple and basic of security :

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=gfimax.com

Pray tell, what enhanced security do your agents use to bleed back information to your command and control center - I can't find it on your website...

Cheers

2. MrMontyMick

Hello... is anyone out there?

Recently tried to get a trial of GFI Max, after signing up on the website got one email from them with a username and password that didn't work when we tried to sign in, then tried to get hold of them several times to sort it and had absolutely no response whatsoever. Eventually gave up... shame really as I'd used it in a previous company and really liked the product.

If GFI can't even respond to sales call it makes me worried about what after sales would be like!

1. Babbit55

Re: Hello... is anyone out there?

If you are based in the UK then if you can let me know your company name then I will look for your account and contact you directly to resolve this one for you.

As for security the agent only transmits basic information required for monitoring and this is sent though https. The file is KB in size.

3. Zacherynuk
    Meh

"However, none of the others needs management nearly so desperately"

I think the reverse is true. Linux and OSX desperately needs the management capabilities of a windows AD. Just sayin'.

As far as GFI, was a partner for 7 years then moved away as the bloat set in. Their MAX solution and even Viper looks interesting - but I can't stand looking at their websites or interfaces.. or PDF's even.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like