back to article NBN Co plans fibre-to-the-basement blitz to beat cherry-pickers

NBN Co, the organisation charged with building and operating Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN), has decided to prioritise areas targeted by “cherry-picking” telcos looking to install fibre-to-the-basement to apartment complexes and office buildings. Telco TPG has signalled its intention to install such connections …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Roger Jenkins

If the heading off at the pass operation in the nation's high-density basements impacts the blackspot remediation communications minister Malcolm Turnbull has spent so long insisting must be done, it will be interesting to see he treats his board and new CEO. ®

In the same way as he treats his employers, the voters, with absolute contempt.

2. ruscook

Agreed the whole reason we need an NBN is to get strategic (not necessarily commercial) investment in fast broad band. If the NBN just does what TPG, Telstra or Optus will do, then they may be the richer, but the country and the whole need for an NBN is the poorer.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hello NBN

I'd even settle for an old ADSL1 connection, and we are just 18Kms from a capital city!

It's a total farce!

4. kartstar
    FAIL

As a Pyrmont (immediate-inner Sydney suburb) resident, this is good news for me.

As an Australian, this is a disgrace.

5. Neoc

I'm 10km from the GPO in Brisbane, and we're not even on the 3-year list. We use to be, but we got taken off.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like