back to article Office, IE, Flash fixes accompany Windows XP's final Patch Tuesday

Microsoft has released patches for critical security vulnerabilities in Word and Internet Explorer on what is to be the final Patch Tuesday update for Windows XP systems. The April edition of the monthly security update contains four bulletins that address a total of 11 vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products. Two of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Uncle Siggy

Open Letter to Adobe

Enough with the fucking tool bar installations! Thank you.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Open Letter to Adobe

Enough with the Google Spyware browser installations too....

2. BillG
      WTF?

Re: Open Letter to Adobe

Enough with the fucking tool bar installations!

Avira installs toolbars also, plus installs advertising popup windows on PAID versions of their antivirus.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sneaky bastards

The latest patch/update changed my default picture viewer from IrfanView to MS photo viewer. Worse it was the horrible 'Metro' version on my desktop machine

And they pinned the 'Store' to my taskbar.

All right, neither of those are particularly sneaky, but it is taking the piss pushing me back to the 'Metro' interface whilst making all the noise about respecting desktop users.

1. Fading
      Devil

Re: Sneaky bastards

Ahhh but they are convinced the reason you are not using the interface formally known as metro is that you haven't given it a chance - by sneakily driving you back they expect an epiphany.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Old news

I'd already got them all for XP, 7 and 8.1 several hours before this piece appeared talking about what they <i>will</i> address. And imaged the system, and deleted XP. Watched Chelsea. Been up the shops. Eaten.

Mind you, I haven't had a crap yet! Credit where credit's due.

I see of the 8.1 'service pack' leaked by WZOR a month ago, two patches were removed and two different ones added. Most unusual!

4. BongoJoe

Can't they take a hint?..

If I didn't want Bing Desktop v1 with my XP updates years ago and then when I declined versions two and three (and perhaps more) of the wretched thing why would I wish to have the lastest?

Hopefully when these XP updates stop they will stop trying to infest my machine with Content Free Search Engine Portals.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like