back to article BlackBerry and T-Mobile try $100 bribe to lure BBers to their side

In the latest round of the velvet-gloved boxing match between T-Mobile US and BlackBerry, the mobile operator's chief John Legere has told BB users that he supports them and wants to give them $100 credit towards any new handset they want. Legere's offer comes after BlackBerry said yesterday that it wouldn't be renewing its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Translation:

Please help us get rid of all this Blackberry crap before they go under...

2. Levente Szileszky

Z30 excluded...

...which makes me think it's nothing but a BS attempt to reduce inventory (no, it's not about being limited to 'official' TMO-supported models because Q5 is also available in this promo.)

Too bad, for $399 I might have given Z30 a try (no Z10, thanks but no, I don't need a ~4" phone running on a 2+ years old HW platform.)

1. Hans 1

Re: Z30 excluded...

Admittedly, I have only seen a z10 for a few minutes, but BB10 runs flawlessly on it. I own a z30 and that thing rocks, especially once I hook up my 2Tb external hard drive, my keyboard, mouse and 42" HDTV ... from the sofa ... so much faster than my ISP-supplied Linux set top box and a much, much, did I say much? better browser.

NB: With a z10 you cannot do the above ... but the phone is not slow by any means ...

3. asdf
    Trollface

BB rules!

>"In fact, to show our appreciation for all current consumers so passionate and loyal to all things BlackBerry

The executive could probably have taken a morning or so and sent handwritten notes to all 16 of them himself.

4. W.O.Frobozz

Fuck T-Mobile

I don't like Blackberry but hell...T-Mobile stabbed them in the back by saying "Hi guys, trade in your blackberries and join the iphone cult." I'm with John Chen...fuck T-Mobile. Kick them to the curb. When your 'partner' pulls that kind of crap...

5. MrRoland

swift kick in the balls?

wow it was not so long ago that there was hype with blackberry then the "privacy battle" with the berry messenger at the same time apple, google and microsoft were opening the back doors to the security services. blackberry stood fast. now they are finished. moral of the story - always shaft the little guy because governments have more power.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: swift kick in the balls?

"at the same time apple, google and microsoft were opening the back doors to the security services. blackberry stood fast"

Erm - no - no they didn't. Blackberry already gave full access to security services where it's servers were based. And it also folded and put local servers in places like India and the UAE to provide similar wire tapping facilities in those jurisdictions...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The one thing I truly love is the Canadian company offers better deals to the US the Canada. Maybe they are loosing so much ground because they don't seem to support their home ground.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who Really Loses?

I can see why what T-Mobile did was a bit of a dick move but... is BB really in any financial position to be turning down carriers?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like