back to article WD 'restoring connections' after week of MyCloud outages

WD's MyCloud has been up and down all week, with users unable to connect across the internet to their storage devices. MyCloud refers to a set of ARM-powered, single drive external storage products from WD and a way of accessing then remotely across the Internet. Its MyBook line of basic desktop NAS boxes were rebranded …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James O'Shea

I knew that there was a reason

why I stopped using WD products. Support? They've heard of it.

1. AOD

Re: I knew that there was a reason

Not got any direct experience with WD, but I do have a QNAP NAS that offers a similar sort of facility.

However I've ignored it completely in favour of using the proper VPN option provided by my home router. Fire that up on the laptop or phone and as far as the device is concerned, it's at home.

2. Nate Amsden

they were probably

having issues with the taps the NSA gave them to install on their systems to make traffic capture easier.

3. TwoBuck40

avoid WD like the plague

I have one of their combo WIFI/HDD devices.

it is buggy as hell... no new FW updates to address...

1. Chiggs

Re: avoid WD like the plague

You should be thankful! A firmware update from WD completely bricked mine...

4. Snapper
    Unhappy

WD software is shit!

Talk to all the Mac owners who upgraded to Mavericks after having made the mistake of installing the WD drive software, and then proceeded to lose everything on their external drives.

WD knew about the problem with their poorly written software months before, but did sweet FA about it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like