back to article Mozilla DENIES reported claims of board rift over new chief Eich

The Mozilla Foundation has denied that the departure of three members of its board is a vote of protest regarding the controversial appointment of Brendan Eich as CEO. The Wall Street Journal reported over the weekend that folks familiar with the matter say three directors - John Lilly, Ellen Siminoff and Gary Kovacs - bailed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. pacman7de

Political correctness gone mental ..

Let me be the first to interject here and say Eichs views on gay marriage has got nothing what so ever with writing code. And people with strong views on Prop 8 have no business organizing a politically correct witch-hunt.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Some board members leave. So what? It's not like three of their lead developers have left.

What is it these board members did for Mozilla anyway?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Take a shit load of

backhanders... organize parties at gay bars

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Employees of Mozilla also protested his appointment as CEO - not just the board.

The skill set to invent Java Script simply does not automatically translate into a CEO's skill set.

The inventor of the Apple computer was never a CEO -

The CEO (Jobs) of Apple never invented anything.

A primary role of the CEO is to establish a company's culture and be the public face of an organization. Anytime a CEO allows his private life to interfere with the image of the company, that is a major failure.

There is NO expectation of privacy for a CEO. There isn't even privacy for coders or any others in an organization - a condition of hire for virtually any job now is a coder, IT, - anyone - must provide the passwords to their Facebook, twitter, Instagram, linkedin accts, etc.

All Eich had to do is say he's had a change of heart, etc. Meg Whitman did this to become CEO of HP after running a race for governor of CA and taking a strong position against gay marriage. (She lost badly!)

Eich doesn't even have the poise nor presence of a CEO - Mozilla is lucky he resigned so early !!!

3. BillG
    Happy

denies report

Love the headline. (target) denies report of (subject). You can make anything look true. As in,

"The Reg denies report that space aliens have invaded London."

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In the words of Otto von Bismarck

"Never believe a rumor unless it's been officially denied."

5. agricola
    Thumb Down

<b>Reverse Things!</b>

I'm so tired of all this political correctness sh*t I could puke.

I don't CARE what someone's stance on being homosexual is, either way.

What would have been the consequences of this gentleman's saying, "I don't care for heterosexuals."?

You know as well as I: effectively nothing. Heterosexuals would NOT have called for his head. They might have written him off as ONE MORE homosexual nut-case screaming for "the cause" (I have yet to deternine what that "cause" is). That's the very real risk you homosexuals run by your very strident approach to gaining notoriety. Those whom you haven't turned off laugh at you.

Oh, and by the way, I'm calling a press conference next week with a local TV station to announce my "coming out" of the closet. I've kept my heterosexuality secret for far too long. Boy, do I feel a LOT better about myself now.

1. Jasey DePriest

Re: <b>Reverse Things!</b>

You don't understand the American GOP / Religious Right very well. They would have jumped all over him if he said he didn't support heterosexual marriage. Fox News would have Breaking News about it. Radio call-in shows would have people lamenting the Homosexual Agenda. An army of newspaper editorial writers would be oiling up their typewriters. Grandmothers everywhere would clutch their pearls a little bit tighter.

1. Casey47

I dare say he would have met the same fate from the religious right as several physicians who perform abortions have met!

2. Sanctimonious Prick

Damn! Can only upvote a post, once! :)

3. Casey47

If Eich had come out against heterosexual marriage, like he did against gay marriage? Are you kidding? He would've had to go into protective custody !!!

I hope you use better logic at your day job!

6. Air Supply
    Trollface

I wonder if OkCupid dares to take it one step further.

As we all knows, Brendan Eich is the creator of Javascript. If OkCupid really want me to take them seriously. OkCupid should stop utilizing Javascript in their website. If they do not do this, well, you know, OkCupid is just a troll on the Internet.

This topic is closed for new posts.