back to article EA games web server was hosting PHISHING SITE – securobod

An Electronic Arts server was hacked and used to host a phishing site targeting Apple ID holders, according to internet security firm Netcraft. The site has since been pulled down and EA has told various news sites that it is "investigating" the report. Netcraft security expert Paul Mutton posted on the company's blog that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lionel Baden

So...

They finally figured out EA was hosting the servers controlling Origin (malware) ???

2. Crisp

Can't EA get anything right?

I've still not forgiven them for ruining Dungeon Keeper.

1. Eradicate all BB entrants

Re: Can't EA get anything right?

Don't forget Syndicate.

EA: 'We are making a new Syndicate game'

Me: 'Yay'

EA: 'It's going to be a half arsed version of Deus Ex'

Me: 'Twats'

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Can't EA get anything right?

> I've still not forgiven them for ruining Dungeon Keeper.

Dungeon Keeper was very much a dog turd curled onto the mount Everest of shit that EA has unloaded onto gamers. Spore, Origin, Syndicate, the end of Mass Effect, the rape of the BF franchise and a host of other infractions both small and large.

It's worth noting that EA are so hated that they have twice won the award for being worst company in America against the sort of companies who's activities occasionally result in massive environmental damage and / or people actually dying.

3. dogged

Are we sure it was hacked and not just another EA profit-stream?

4. TRT Silver badge

Read the BBC report last night...

Variety of advice on there regarding HTTPS etc. that's positively reckless to be giving relating to this particular form of breach.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Surprise!

Why is it that when we see the word "exploit" or the phrase "security problems/issues", the article is always about Microsoft.

People need to give themselves a shake and stop using MS products!

1. dogged

Re: Surprise!

You need to start dropping this little gem into some of the Snowden/NSA articles.

It has relevance.

6. Combustable Lemon

Why do this company still exist?

It's about time they didn't.

7. DNTP

Ahaha like I'd be scared of malware hosted on an EA SERVER. It'll be down half the time, and refusing to let you log in even to play single player mode the other half. Then they'd expire the license, switch off the server, and then no one could use it ever again ever!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like