back to article I, for one, welcome our VMware VSAN overlord

So VSAN is finally here in a released form. On paper, it looks very impressive. I spend an awful lot of time looking at scale-out storage systems – looking at ways to do them faster, cheaper and better. And although I welcome VMware and VSAN to the party, I don’t think I’m really the target market: the product’s not really …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Just Asking if we're on the Similarly Same Pages or Discovering Quantum Overlaps in Virtual Programs

Hi, StorageBod,

Perhaps I’d transcode on bare-metal machines but might present out on VM-ed application servers, for example. …… for working in IntelAIgently Designed and Perfectly Secured Alternative Virtual Reality Environments ……. Beta MetaDataBase Testing Areas ….. well, as perfectly phormed and activated/self actuated as is realised as possible in fields festooned and fated and feted with flaws and attractive sub-prime attractions ….. grand distractions?!.

2. SecretBatcave

But is the vSAN any good? is it fast, is it cheaper than alternative block storage?

or even a NFS share exported from GPFS/ZFS/StoreNext/*

3. Gavin Hamill

Pricing?

I've been studiously ignoring the furious circle-jerk over VSAN since late last year. Show me the money!

1. Just Trolling thru

Re: Pricing?

Currently $2495 per socket or $50 per user(think VDI)

Read more here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/03/12/vsan_software_and_hardware_price_revealed_as/

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like