back to article Florida bloke cuffed for pit bull shag outrage

A Florida dog-lover earned himself a cuffing last week after allegedly making the beast with two backs with a pit bull, this shock local report recounts. According to cops, Tampa officers were flagged down by locals disturbed by 57-year-old Bernard Marsonek's public display of cano-jiggyness Police mugshot of Bernard Marsonek …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bob Wheeler
    Joke

What have tinkers ever done to El Reg?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Most likely nicked the copper (or fibre) outside the office, along with Chavs, scoundrel's, blaggards and ne'er do wellers

2. Cosmo
    Linux

Those eyes! They will give me nightmares...

That is all.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Those eyes! They will give me nightmares...

That's what she said :)

2. Amorous Cowherder
      Happy

Anyone else think of Arnie's adversary in the original Total Recall?

3. Joe User

Clearly a Marty Feldman wanna-be.

1. Intractable Potsherd

Looks to me like the canine involved gave him oral sex ...

3. Anomalous Cowturd
    WTF?

@Lester

Shall I just send smutty news tips direct to you from now on?

The news-desk have been sitting on this since Friday.

And not a word of thanks.

:o(

4. gaz 7

by those eyes..

I'm wondering if the pit bull shagged him.

1. Sherrie Ludwig

Re: by those eyes..

Good grief, no! Any pitbulls I have befriended have MUCH better taste that that. (I imagine even after biting him, they'd have to go wash their mouths out - BLECH!) Poor animal.

5. Baron Ebaneezer Wanktrollop III

Takeover imminent

Now that's two dog shagging stories in less than a week - is El Reg fishing for a Daily Mail buy-out?

1. Jim 48

Re: Takeover imminent

It's probably the context of the story, but I read that as "fisting for a buy-out"

2. Mark 85
      Coat

Re: Takeover imminent

I was thinking the other way around... El Reg buying out the Daily Mail. OK.. I'll go quietly.

6. Winkypop Silver badge
    WTF?

Taking the bull by the horn!

The poor dog will have nightmares

7. lansalot

EIGHT, at his house?? What was this, some sort of doggy-brothel?

8. Gordon 10
    Coat

Police later described the scene at the house

as a Mongrelian Cluster F*ck

1. horsham_sparky
      Coffee/keyboard

Re: Police later described the scene at the house

genius comment.. lol

9. horsham_sparky
    Alert

blimey

His picture makes it look like the pitt-bull is getting its own back! His eyes look like someone's just slapped his back and they're about to pop out and cannon off the cameraman

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Isn't this just

a "Normal for Florida" story?

Even Floridians admit that when they see headlines like this, they assume that their State is involved somehow.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Isn't this just

You're goddamn right.

- Tampa, FL

1. Sherrie Ludwig

"Normal for Florida?"

Can you Floridians do something about the politicians you've been electing? They make this guy look like a pillar of the community. Just embarrassing. I moved out of Ohio because it was looking like Florida without the palm trees. Something in the water? Secret CIA trials of mind-altering substances?

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Florida Man" seems to be busy yet again, and this time he looks like he was taking comfort with a handle of some of Auburndale's Finest "Whiskey" (as last week was a very good year) and a Steel Reserve or six from ABC, as well as some fine Largo Meth.

In other words, Ceterum censeo Polk/Pasco/Pinellas County esse delendam. Oughta be a mantra from Sanford to Sarasota.

-Orlando, FL

2. James O'Shea

"Even Floridians admit that when they see headlines like this, they assume that their State is involved somehow."

Of course. See further the infamous 'Florida Man' column.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional/cerabino-misadventures-of-florida-man-provides-a-c/nbhNH/

There was a recent letter in the PB Post wherein someone complained about how the news media are always picking on Florida, don't stories like this happen elsewhere? (Answer... apparently not. At least not with _eight_ dogs and illegal guns.)

11. Richard Wharram

I shouldn't need to know

...but I need to know.

Was it a boy or girl doggie? Was he the active partner? Had the dog been trained with treats? Did he use protection?

I shouldn't need to know. But I do.

1. horsham_sparky

Re: I shouldn't need to know

That's soo... wrong! my eyes feel violated! I don't want to know any of that.. *covers up ears* lalalala can't hear you lalalala *shudder*

12. proto-robbie
    Holmes

There's a perfectly innocent explanation ...

... Bernard, Bernard? Could you give the dog a bone?

Just as well he picked the right end though.

13. McHack

Well that's tragic

Look at those bulging eyes, that face. Those are going to be some really ugly pug-faced puppies.

14. DrXym

Of course he ignored their commands

Everyone knows you have to throw a bucket of cold water over them

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He should count himself lucky to have only been charged with a few things - some years ago we had a case where 3 pitbulls killed the guy that used them in the same way.

16. pacman7de
    Facepalm

Vulture Central parameters of good taste ..

"This was as a result of an internal Vulture Central review of the parameters of good taste"

Getting the Vulture to define parameters of good taste, is like asking Hannibal Lecter to edit the Michelin Guide ..

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Vulture Central parameters of good taste ..

Exactly.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What exactly would be wrong in getting Hannibal Lecter to edit the Michelin Guide?

A A Gill, now...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Getting the Michelin man to edit the Michelin guide would be a mistake. Yum, tyres.

17. Jemma

In (mostly) the words of the great Pterry..

"He'd have given his right arm to be called two-*dogs*-fscking..."

And I wouldn't blame the Floridians too much - I've seen similar in Ohio & Ipswich UK (the redhead will remain nameless).

Inconsequential fact - a dogs wang is actually cleaner than the average humans mouth..

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: In (mostly) the words of the great Pterry..

I would really like a link to the research that established that.

Is that before or after my dog has gone for a walk and decided to stand in a stagnant pond up to his chest?

I doubt Florida is in reality much worse than other places; perhaps they are just more upfront about reporting things.

1. Jemma

The equipment...,so to speak, is retracted for the majority of the time so it stays nice and protected even when they find the most disgusting places to roll around.

The bit you see doing the dangle is the sheath - not the business end of things - that only shows up when needed.

As to the research - what do you think vetinarians do all day - its hardly rocket science - just compare the flora on the human body with that of a dog and you'll find that dogs are actually cleaner at both ends - less nasties if you kiss a dog than the average human.. and vice (squad) versa..

There are some zoonoses you need to watch - especially with cats - new research indicates infection with a particular cat parasite makes you more likely to have car accidents.. by slowing reflexes & altering risk perception.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Well, I know the vet is expensive but I hadn't realised it was because she spends all day comparing dogs' flora with that of human beings. You live and sometimes you learn.

Cats - nasty brutes and I'm not surprised they spread diseases. I also learned today that they are responsible for the near-extermination of really cute flightless parrots in New Zealand, and now you tell me that they are responsible for Audi drivers.

2. Scroticus Canis

Jemma you are showing a worrying level of knowledge about this subject. Is there anything we need to know?

3. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

> you'll find that dogs are actually cleaner at both ends - less nasties if you kiss a dog than the average human..

I think doggy hygiene has improved greatly over recent years. "Dog breath" used to be a credible insult but now the chances are it's the owner who's the halitotic one. Dunno about the other end but it brings to mind the joke about the bloke who goes into a pub and sees a dog licking its knob.

Bloke to barman: "I wish I could do that!"

Barman: "If you buy him a packet of crisps, he'll let you."

Boom boom! The old ones are the best.

18. Semtex451
    Go

This IS a story

.....not like that pen shortage dross from earlier today.

Thank you.

19. Scott Broukell
    Joke

Guess he might have a ruff time if he ends up in jail.

If he had fornicated with a sheep he would certainly end up behind ba-s.

Let sleeping dogs lie - that ones shagged out anyway.

1. James O'Shea

"If he had fornicated with a sheep"

Here, now, this is Florida, where men are men, women are men too, and everyone who doesn't have a gun is nervous, not Scotland, where men are men, women are men too, and sheep are nervous.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Florida man" - that's an entirely separate category in the newspapers. Check out Florida Man on Twitter.

21. Ketlan
    Devil

Eek!

Marsonek doesn't look bonkers at all, does he.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Eek!

I think they apply the reverse of the process that is used to produce those impossibly perfect pictures of models. You can't have perverts looking like normal people, can you?

22. sad_loser
    IT Angle

thyrotoxicosis ??

The IT angle on this story for some reason eluded me.

always a bit dodgy making diagnoses over the internet, but it looks like he has got Graves disease - thyrotoxicosis, whch can send people a bit mad.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: thyrotoxicosis ??

The reason for your post has for some reason eluded me. It's always a bit dodgy making diagnoses over the internet, but it looks like you've got a nasty case of sense of humour failure, which can send people a bit dull.

23. Gartal

My what a handsome gentleman. Obviously some former President's relation by marriage.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Brings a new meaning to "my girlfriend's a dog", though with looks like his, I don't imagine 'choosy' was an option, except perhaps the kind that comes in a can.

25. This post has been deleted by its author

26. Unicornpiss

Were there no picnic tables available?

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=150083#.UyLOxdumfRo

As a side note, I'll bet no one messes with him in prison. Anyone that willingly will have sex with a pit bull will likely not be someone's bitch...

This topic is closed for new posts.