back to article TONGUES OUT if you want to LICK Steve Jobs' BACKSIDE

We bet there are millions of fanbois who would sacrifice one of their favourite appendages for the chance to lick Steve Jobs' face. Now they have the opportunity to flick their tongues all over the fruity fuhrer following the announcement that he will feature on American postage stamps in 2015. The Washington Post managed to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Halfmad

I'm glad I come here for the most up to date information on IT.

1. Eddy Ito

I don't mean to be obtuse but if you really need one I'm pretty sure the IT angle is that most acute folks don't use stamps anymore because of the intarweb tubes.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"I don't mean to be obtuse but if you really need one I'm pretty sure the IT angle is that most acute folks don't use stamps anymore because of the intarweb tubes."

How do you send a parcel via the tinterweb? What's that? You can't?

Sorry Eddy but you're wrong. Not only because of this fact, but also because you make MASSIVE ASSUMPTIONS which bear nothing resembling the truth.

In fact, the parcel I sent the other day DID require a stamp. Back to the iPhone.

1. Eddy Ito

How do you send a parcel via the tinterweb? What's that? You can't?

Go here, select "Ship a Package" -> "Print a Label with Postage". Affix the label, schedule pickup, enjoy frosty beverage.

No, I don't consider a shipping label with a bar code to be a stamp and I'll wager most philatelists would agree.

1. Nuke

@ Eddy Ito

Wrote :- "Go here [usps link], select "Ship a Package" -> "Print a Label with Postage". Affix the label, schedule pickup"

That's a service in the USA but this is a UK based forum and I am in the UK. I tried the UK equivalent (Parcel Force) and got as far as a screen that insisted I must use Windows or Mac to continue. I didn't.

1. Eddy Ito

Re: @ Eddy Ito

Sorry, I didn't realize the story was about UK stamps.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hah, Ha! Great headline - but licking the queens backside joke is donkeys years old.

1. VinceH
      Trollface

"Great headline - but licking the queens backside joke is donkeys years old."

There's no point mentioning prior art - if the stamp is to feature Steve Jobs, then by extension of the standard Apple reality distortion field, any joke that has ever applied to other stamps (especially from other nations) simply don't count.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

LICK Steve Jobs' BACKSIDE

That was a completely irresponsible headline

The entire army of apple fanbois have all stood to attention...

...but not for long, the image was too strong

Is there an entry in the Guiness Book of World Records for the highest number of simultaneous orgasms?

4. Giles Jones Gold badge

They're self adhesive now?

What about the rumour that sticking the stamp upside down was treason?

1. meanioni

Nah, the adhesive would dry out... everyone knows that the sun shines out of Jobs' backside :)

5. meanioni

Lick Jobs' backside....

Isn't there an iPhone app for that? :)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Lick Jobs' backside....

Not anymore, Apple yanked it from the app store.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

US Postal Service to put dead Apple chief's fizzog on stamps

This is a down right insult!

7. Khaptain Silver badge

Call animal welfare immediately

Won't anyone think about the worms and the maggots.

By the way isn't there a law against necrophilia.

8. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Embodies "American exceptionalism"?

1)Double crossed his (alleged) best friend Woz when he trousered a $5K bonus..

2)Taxes are for the little people

3)Telling the truth in court. "Why?"

The very image of a C21 CEO.

IOW A right ba**ard.

9. JoshOvki
    Paris Hilton

Corners...

Will it have round corners?

Hilton because she likes a bit of bum licking....

10. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Coat

So will the stamps be a 15% premium over other stamps?

Will we have people camping out in front of the post office?

11. All names Taken
    Paris Hilton

I feel your pain.

I know it means a lot to you and maybe, you never know, it may be your face and you may be getting licked on the backside.

Maybe the question(s) is(are):

why does Mr Gates invoke such grossness

and

why does Mr Jobs invoke such grossness

My own take: I wouldn't mind earning their tax payments never mind their gross incomes.

IT angle: Gates, Jobs, flame, backside licking

12. Sam 15

You want old jokes?

Does everyone remember the other old joke?

"We found out why the stamps weren't sticking to the envelopes.

The glue is fine, but people are spitting on the wrong side."

13. pacman7de

Postage Stamp list ..

See also who are featured on the list. Why you only singled Jobs out for that scatological abuse is curious and tells us more about you than Jobs.

"Dora the Explorer, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Charlton Heston, John Lennon, Wilt Chamberlain, Harvey Milk, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, James Brown, Johnny Carson, Elvis Presley"

1. Anonymous Coward
      IT Angle

Re: Postage Stamp list ..

Was that a reverse "Where's the IT angle?" comment.

Steve jobs - IT personality

All the others - Not IT personalities

Although I hear Rudolph is writing a logisitcal programme that will help Santa plan his route, something which the ever growing world population makes more difficult every year. Not many people know this but at the moment the elves do this manually and what with the added complexity of the task and the need to make more more toys they just can't cope. To avoid a union backed strike or claims for constructive dismal from over stessed elves Santa has asked Rudolph and his team to provide the solution, after all they do nothing much but munch hay for the other 364 days of the year.

You'll appreciate this is a critical application and for the first year the elves will have final say over the route. There will be numerous dry runs and a partial live test in November with real toys the elves have agreed to make in return for them all being promoted to the position of Santa's chief helper. No pay increase but what do you expect they're elves and the title was enough to keep them happy. So if you're child receives some unexpected presents in November there's no point running to the Dailymail about internet grooming or an increase in paedophile activity, it's only Santa testing Rudolph's app.

HTH

14. ReasonRules

I don't think it's sycophantic. Congress is defunding the USPS more and more. No one uses mail much anymore, and they are losing revenue. The gov wants to get rid of them. That means that the minority of Americans who do not get internet service, or only get dial-up, will not have any way to communicate with people. Just another way congress wants to wreak genocide on the poor (after all, they are soooo inconvenient and don't pay much taxes).

So the USPS tries to make money buy selling stamps to collectors. That's why they makes stamps that will sell. It's unfortunate that people in general are sycophantic pop-consumers, but that's who the USPS has to sell to in order to survive and be able to serve their poorer customers.

Sucks, but there it is.

BTW, you can send a letter that will get from NY to Hawaii in a few days for less than half a dollar. Friendly and reliable service (in general). What other country's postal service will do that for you?

I don't work for the USPS, I just appreciate them.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like