back to article IBM handing pink slips to Israel-based Diligent devs - reports

Israeli media outlets are reporting that IBM is laying off product developers at its Diligent operation but leaving support staff roles untouched. According to Israeli biz news site Calcalist, Diligent, XIV, and Storwize – all three Israeli companies acquired by Big Blue – were housed by the firm in the R&D division of its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good, most people don't want them to be funding this terrorist state in any way....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Have you ever considered a job as a diplomat?

2. CheesyTheClown

Even if I agree...

Are you suggesting that the developers are terrorists too or that they should be punished for guilt by proximity?

P.S. Not that I agree

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Even if I agree...

Well Israel is a big fan of collective punishment of innocent civilians. What goes around comes around...

2. josh.krischer

To Anonymous Coward

The name fits you. Maybe Ignorant Anonymous Coward fits you better.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: To Anonymous Coward

And maybe Genocide and State Terrorism Apologist better fits you?

3. CheesyTheClown

Ahh business!

Buy a foreign company... Progressively move the technology and products to your main location, then fire everyone who made it to begin with.

Are we forgetting the next step? Disgruntled ex-employees use this as an opportunity to develop a better product, a transitioning tool and and leave you supporting only your die hard customers?

4. ITdinosaur

Diligent as a software company were superb - ProtecTier was great, Then IBM bought them and it all went down hill from there - their gateway clustered solution was pants ... hardly clustered (all in the same rack by design/insistence of IBM), support was poor and it was beaten by the competition.

I hope all the ex Diligent folks find new jobs working for another visionary company.

5. RTFM_UK

Pink Slips?

I am just going to miss the point and focus on something trivial - Pink slips? Really? Are we in the US now? You'll next be saying they should have expected this from the 'get go'.....

1. gazthejourno (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Pink Slips?

The Reg is an international publication, so sometimes we do have to stoop to the Yanks' level... next time we'll call it a P45, just for you.

2. geek49203

Re: Pink Slips?

IBM is a Yank company. Ergo, the appropriate term is the Yank term.

When we talk F1, we'll use the term "Tyres" even though we know not "y" here in the 'States.

6. RTFM_UK
    Thumb Up

Aww - most kind of you Sir. Anything to uphold England in the modern world, even though many are trying to dumb us (and our language) down.......

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm.. 140,000 people (mostly civilians) killed in Syria over past 3 years with tens getting killed every day. Scores of Egyptians killed by their own police. God knows what goes on in North Korea. Homosexuals being hung in Iran routinely. Wives/daughters being killed to preserve family honor in many Moslam countries.

And yet, Israel is always the biggest evil in the world.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like