back to article ¡Viva la Revolution! Geeksphone's new mobe to go on sale this month

Smartphone startup Geeksphone has announced complete specs, pricing, and a selling date for Revolution, its Intel-powered, OS-agnostic handset. The Spanish firm said the device will go on sale in its online store on February 20 with a list price of €239, but "for a limited time" – exact dates unspecified – it will be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Eddy Ito

Please?

Preload it with Xen.

2. silent_count

One phone to rule them all

How long will it be before phone hardware is good enough to run and/or emulate all of the phone OSs on the one handset while still providing the user with a decent experience?

Something like: I like the Moto X handset but prefer to use the Tizen UI, and want to buy songs from iTunes while looking up directions on the Android version of google maps and taking photos with the mozilla OS camera app.

We're not there yet but I imagine it's not that far off being a viable proposition.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I see problems for operators

Granted, this may get rids of scams like preventing tethering, but as a mobile operator I'd be worried if someone can start messing around with the air interface - unless that is still not "open" to get it certified.

Otherwise it's 2600 Hz all over again..

1. Christian Berger

Re: I see problems for operators

People are already messing around with the air interface, you can buy 15 Euro feature phones you can reflash and use as GSM probing devices. The operators don't seem to mind yet.

There are, currently, no holes which would allow you to make free phone calls. What you can do is denial of service, but that's no big deal on a wireless network.

4. dogged

"Revolución", shirley?

Typo?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like