back to article US government names new head of NSA and US Cyber Command

The Secretary of Defense has appointed new leadership for the NSA, the Central Security Service, and the US Cyber Command, with Vice Admiral Michael Rogers as the new boss and Richard Ledgett as his civilian deputy. Vice Admiral Rogers is currently head of the US Navy's 10th Fleet, which in the Second World War handled anti- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. RedneckMother

hey ...

Hey, there, Clapper.

Clap Off!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: hey ...

In the finest traditions of the NSA, certain words were redacted from Clappers speech:

"But what I do want to speak to, as the nation’s senior intelligence officer, is the profound damage that his disclosures have caused and continue to cause [to the NSAs reputation]. As a consequence, the nation[al security budget] is less safe and its people less secure [in their faith in the Government]."

1. Solmyr ibn Wali Barad

Re: hey ...

And once more, it's somehow those unsanctioned disclosures, which have caused that 'profound damage', but not the shady practices that were disclosed. Bloody broken record.

Hey, how about a suggestion, Mr. Logic Whiz? Playing with a handgrenade is completely safe and legal, IF you can keep it secret from everybody.

2. Mephistro
    Happy

So they finally found substitutes for...

... Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy? Just about fucking time!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Meh

In the immortal words of Roger Daltry...

"Meet the new boss! Same as the old boss!!"

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: In the immortal words of Roger Daltry...

Trust me, it would never be any different.

I know first hand - I have relatives who have held positions close to this one on the other side of the fence. They were walking incarnations of the Torquemada principle (apologies for the mangled quote): "If you think you are in the moral right, you are entitled to force it onto others".

1. Swarthy

Re: In the immortal words of Roger Daltry...

"Let's face it folks, you can't Torquemada anything!"

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

uhm

"from which to rail about what an Orwellian state he thinks this country has become"

ever heard of cognitive dissonance, Clapper?

1. fearnothing

Re: uhm

Of course he has, but is it really surprising that the new head of the NSA is an expert at doublethink?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

> "But what I do want to speak to, as the nation’s senior intelligence officer, is the profound damage that his disclosures have caused and continue to cause. As a consequence, the nation is less safe and its people less secure."

Say what you want, but that never gets old. :D

7. Magani
    Happy

Clapper?

That name rings a bell.

(With apologies to The Goons.)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like