back to article Prez Bush email hacker Guccifer is BACK: A-list celebs' inboxes 'raided'

A webmail hacker called Guccifer – most famous for raiding the email inboxes of former US president George H W Bush's family – has been exceptional busy of late. Crime news website The Smoking Gun reports that Guccifer has handed over a cache of documents – which, we're told, reveal that he broke into the private email …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Don Dumb

No defence

Many of these people hacked are simply well known, not politicians or even politically active. I can see no defence for their hacking. Being in the public eye doesn't mean you have no privacy. Hypcritically, Guccifer seems to value his (or her) privacy.

If the Smoking Gun has any credibility they will destroy the documents, but I somehow doubt they will.

1. TrishaD

Re: No defence

I do agree. Although I'l also admit to a touch of schadenfreude when it comes to Kitty Kelly's personal details... 'Live by the sword.. ' and all that.

1. Don Dumb
        Thumb Up

Re: No defence

To be fair I didn't say that everyone didn't deserve it as I don't know who people like Kitty Kelly are and therefore whether they do somehow deserve a good hack. As a rule, there isn't any justification, public people have a right to a private life as well, but Clarkson's "posting bank details isn't important" was one exception.

2. nuked

Making disclosures in fear of being targeted, which in doing so, paints a large target on your back. Priceless.

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Random attacks on celebrity personal life, and for what, exactly ?

Proving that he can do it, proving that their security is insufficient, or what ?

We know that email is not secure thank you very much you can stop flogging that horse now it's long dead.

Another pathetic individual with an overblown sense of self. He's not proving anything, he's not doing anything useful, he's just a nuisance.

Pah.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like