back to article Samsung snafu at CES causes Michael Bay meltdown

Hollywood auteur Michael Bay experienced something of a meltdown at CES this year after being hired to pitch for Samsung's 105-inch ultra-high definition curved TV. Samsung USA president Tim Baxter introduced Bay onto the stage for the company's CES press conference, where the filmmaker was supposed to wax lyrical about the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's he saying?

So what's Michael Bay actually saying? That he doesn't know how to read?

I've no trouble believing it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What's he saying?

Samsung have just announced a profit warning...

Is this connected?

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
        Mushroom

Re: What's he saying?

I'm pretty sure it's got more to do with the Galaxy S4's batteries.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They needed to put some explosions on the autocue to keep his attention.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Eguro

To be fair...

He doesn't really seem to be comfortable in front of the camera. You can argue that he is (has become) incompetent behind it, but it seems the limelight is only his cup of tea if it's nice and scripted.

One could've hoped he would be stellar - winging it to marvellous degrees, earning Samsung billions instantly! With his new infomercial job he'd be too busy to direct movies... right?

4. Captain Server Pants

At least he admitted he fluffed his lines

He should maybe stick to making movies.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: At least he admitted he fluffed his lines

"At least he admitted he fluffed his lines. He should maybe stick to making movies."

Or maybe he should become a fluffer.

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      Stop

Re: At least he admitted he fluffed his lines

He should maybe stick to making movies.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. messele

"So tell me what you think about our new marketing gimmick"...

..."Fucked if I know, the autocue broke and your PR guy only handed me the cheque five minutes ago".

6. frank ly

" ....let's thank Michael Bay for joining us."

Tim Baxter is a kind and polite man. I'd have said, "That was a waste of time and money. Moving on!"

7. handle
    Joke

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"

So he's worked for Asus too?

8. Robert Grant

Time to dust off the best Transformers review ever

Enjoy. Totally agreed with this guy.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: Time to dust off the best Transformers review ever

Here's another, this time for the third one. Or maybe it's the second one. There's not much difference.

Michael Bay Finally Made An Art Movie

2. Turtle

@Robert Grant: Re: Time to dust off the best Transformers review ever

Do you know what really impressed me about that review? That it was one paragraph.

9. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Auteur Michael Bay

Surely you jest.

Please tell me you jest.

10. Andrew Lobban

That was painful to watch. Surely he could have made something up, spoken for a minute or two and left with nobody any the wiser.

1. Jason Bloomberg Silver badge

Not as painful as finding oneself in a similar position when nerves take hold. I expect there are a lot of people who know and understand exactly what he went through, and wish they didn't.

Everyone thinks public speaking is easy, and for some it is, but one only finds out when put to the test. He's not the first to think he could but found he couldn't. I reckon he actually handled it pretty well. He had enough composure to get out before things got really bad and better to cut and run than turn into a gibbering, incoherent wreck, a real and full 'meltdown'.

I don't think he's really going to suffer as a result and Samsung have had plenty of headline publicity indirectly so they can probably mark it up as success.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't take the money...

...if you can't do the work.

Fucking idiot.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like