back to article New Yorkers get an eyeful of beaver

A wild beaver has been spotted New York City for the first time since the British were in charge. The New York branch of the Wildlife Conservation Society has discovered a beaver swimming to its dam on the Bronx River on Wednesday, according to local news station abc7. The lone rodent, a male thought to be between two and three …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Make your mind up

either it's a seal or it's a beaver ! Unless the pollution really does cause mutants ! (Hang on, it's in New York)

2. J

Alan:

The article states that the beaver is ON the city's official seal. Not that the beaver IS a seal.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wait a minute...

So the beaver is on the seal, or is the seal on the beaver? What's the beaver doing sealing the river is what I want to know... and what does River from Firefly have to do with any of it? You guys have got to learn to keep your sci-fi series and your aquatic rodents separate. Seriously. In cloasing, all I have to say about this whole mess is: Capybara.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wait a minute...

So the beaver is on the seal, or is the seal on the beaver? What's the beaver doing sealing the river is what I want to know... and what does River from Firefly have to do with any of it? You guys have got to learn to keep your sci-fi series and your aquatic rodents seperate. Seriously. In closing, all I have to say about this whole mess is: Capybara.

(Note to mods: For god's sake please replace the previous post I made with this one. I have a nasty cold and my spelling is nowhere near as awful as I wrote the first time around. Ugh.)

5. Robin

Hang On...

Assuming you mean 'separate', surely your original post was correct, since 'seperate' isn't a real word?

Look what you've gone and done - you've got an extraneous post, and I've had to post this!

6. Greg Nelson

Reg Editors Can't Identify Beaver

As of 6am, Feb 26, Vancouver time the image attached to the story is of a hamster. Have no Reg editors seen a beaver? It's Canada's national animal. You remember the fur trade and all don't you? Wars with France? Tall fur hats, think tall fur hats, now imagine tall fur hats made from little white furred hamsters. It's beginning to look a lot like Monty Python revisionist history.

This topic is closed for new posts.