back to article Murdoch EYEBALLS Twitter with $25m buyout of news aggregator Storyful

A Dublin, Ireland-based company that carefully strips out news stories from other content on sites such as Twitter has been bought by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp for $25m. Storyful, whose founder and chief Mark Little rather grandly bills the outfit as "the first news agency of the social media age", will operate as a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm sure it will be as successful as myspace, and all the pay walled news papers Murdoch is involved in.

1. DJV Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Agreed! One can only hope!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

I'm confused

Isn't this exactly the sort of behaviour Murdoch loathes, when it comes to Google et all "stealing" content by indexing his empire's websites? I must be missing something here, because that would be rank hypocrisy...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I'm confused

Exactly my thoughts. Murdoch hates those 'web crawlers' who steal 'his' content then he goes and buys one himself.

A little hypoctical methinks.

Bah Humbug Mr Murdoch and I hope you have an unhappy Christmas knowing that no one likes you at all.

2. bombastinator

Re: I'm confused

I don;t think there's ANY behavior murdoch loathes that makes him money. His M.O. has always been find something so awful that no one in the industry is willing to do because they have something approaching morals and/or a desire to actually live in the society it will produce and then does it.

3. VinceH

Optional

"ews Corp boss Robert Thomson said that the Storyful was good at spotting videos online, authenticating them, and then turning the other people's content into a money spinner."

There. Fixed now.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Walnut face......

....doesnt give up, does he ?

Can anyone provide some real statistics about the readership after the paywalls were erected ?

Would make intersting reading.

5. nuked

"the first news agency of the social media age"

Possibly the funniest thing I've seen all day.

6. David Goadby

Robbing git

So, Murdoch wants to strip news for free from Twitter and then charge us to read in on his paywall protected papers? Go figure!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like