back to article Marketing told us: 'Justin Bieber is a fad. He’s not going to last.' – Company formerly known as RIM

This was the week when former senior BlackBerry bod Vincent Washington claimed the Canadian company turned down an offer from Justin Bieber to be the firm's brand ambassador back at the peak of its popularity. He said: One thing we missed out on was that Justin Bieber wanted to rep BlackBerry. He said: 'Give me $200,000 and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Turtle

The ORIGINAL Statement.

I can't be absolutely 100% sure but I do think that the original statement was "I agree with you that SF isn't for sale but that's because it's already been sold, but don't hate on me for my job when you really should be spending your time looking for a new place to live - preferably in Kansas or Iowa or anywhere far enough away from here that I and other people in my income bracket don't have to have the stench of unwashed rabble like yourselves in our noses. You think I LIKE commuting to Mountain View? I'd like it lots and lots better if I didn't have to share the streets with the likes of YOU. And we're arranging that right now. This protest is dumb. And you're stupid."

Yuppers.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Reminds me of Mary Antoinette

Let them eat cakes ?

1. Anonymous IV

Re: Reminds me of Mary Antoinette

[pedant]

It wasn't "let them eat cakes" but "let them eat cake".

And it wasn't "let them eat cake" but "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche".

[/pedant]

Wikipedia is your (not always 100% reliable) friend...

1. Sir Sham Cad

And it wasn't even Marie Antoinette and may well be apocryphal.

2. GitMeMyShootinIrons

Mmmmm... Brioche....

Thick butter and jam on brioche. Warm summer mornings sitting outside a cafe. Attractive ladies walking by....

Ah, c'est la vie.

3. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

But Justin Bieber

Is/has unquestionably been a fad.

4. poopypants

So, do we still think

it's silly to suggest that the NSA will spy on people through their Kinects?

1. GitMeMyShootinIrons

Re: So, do we still think

I'm scared. My Dad dancing might be considered a WMD and I might get shipped to Gitmo!

5. paulc
    FAIL

Monumental...

"They said: 'This kid is a fad. He’s not going to last.'"

this is almost on a par with "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." -- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.

oh there's some doozies here:

http://www.rinkworks.com/said/predictions.shtml

1. fandom

Re: Monumental...

I may be showing my age but I have to ask, isn't he a fad?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Who is Justin Bieber?

Is he a popular beat combo?

2. David Dawson

I may be showing my age but I have to ask, isn't he a fad?

----------

I hope so.

6. Jellied Eel Silver badge

"The FBI, CIA and the Defense Humint Service all have HUMINT operations in Second Life and other GVEs and are very interested in forming a deconfliction and tipping group that would be able to collaborate on operations."

Translation: Have staffers keen to play MMOs all day, in the interests of national security, naturally. Wonder if they consulted EVE players, then retreated to WoW and Second Life?

(OB RIP VileRat, who knew a thing or two about operations, HUMINT etc and was sadly killed in the Libyan embassy attack)

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

The one good thing I will take from that particular piece of news is that there are now so many spies on them thar Intartubes that they're worried about spying on themselves.

That, at least, is good for a laugh.

7. Fiddler on the roof

I shall dance around naked in front of my kinect waving my tackle around. That should make anyone watching resign from their job immediately. Trust me brothers (and sisters) to stop this snooping PDQ!

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Ah, is that what this Justin Bieber was doing?

That would explain his apparent popularity with teen girls then...

1. Captain Save-a-ho

"That would explain his apparent popularity with teen girls then..."

Because they found a famous vagina they can relate to?

8. Vociferous

History has vindicated the RIM marketing dude.

Blackberry whould not have benefited from being associated with a person who does drugs, gets caught screwing hookers on pretty much a daily basis, insults rape victims, pisses in public, trashes hotel rooms and calls a teenage female fan "a beached whale".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like