back to article DIY kits dumb down phishing

Phishing kits are helping to dumb down the process of creating fraudulent websites. Back in the day, setting up a bogus facsimile of a banking site required a modicum of programming skills. No more. Now the increasing prevalence of DIY fraud website creation kits means setting up a snare for unwary surfers takes about as much …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael Martin

Solution!

So now we just need to bomb Hong Kong, right? Maybe we can use nukes - that way all the phishing sites will be distinguishable by their radioactive glow...

On a more serious note, this is starting to look like all a browser needs is a little notification on the status bar at the bottom that states what country the domain registrar is in - it would catch almost half the phishing sites right away. In fact, maybe I'll write up a Firefox add-in right now. That would be useful to a lot of people for more reasons than just avoiding phishers.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Script Kiddies

Bloody script kiddies...

@ Micheal: Please do make that Firefox addon. It would help me a great deal.

Although, a much better solution: make a modify google earth to mark the location of the phishing sites.

Google Earth is accurate enough for guiding ICBMs, isn't it?

Hey, you at the Pentagon, are you listening? Maybe you could help us out a little here.

</overkill>

Heh heh heh...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Solution!

I don't know if it would be a solution but it sure would be a great idea, as you say, for lots of other things than phising.

Do it and let the English, sorry, Asians, see you do it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just use opera...

this browser already has all the info and you can view it as you please. It even has central database support to filter out dangerous sites... and it's free too with no addon or manual configuration required.

This topic is closed for new posts.