back to article Partners to Microsoft: We are NOT ready for cloudy stuff yet

Microsoft has delayed and in some cases completely scrapped a raft of cloudy changes to its Partner Network that were due to be put in place from as early as January. This follows responses from channel partners that they were not ready for the overhaul, which Microsoft made public at its WPC knees-up, because their cloud …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'Cloud Mainstreaming'...

We know whose selling, but whose buying.....?

What a phrase! It gets my vote for best BS of 2013...

......"Quick c'mon, c'mon we've got to get onto this cloud thing?"

What thing?

......."The cloud, you know, its the in thing".

But what about Uptime? Privacy? Security?

....."Who cares, just look at these numbers"....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 'Cloud Mainstreaming'...

Is Microsoft shipping iTunes now then? Seems somewhat unlikely...

2. Bladeforce

Re: 'Cloud Mainstreaming'...

who's selling but who's buying

i find it harder by the day to find you credible

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Microsoft is already late...

...to the cloud liftoff party. Everyone else has left and they will not wait because this party is just what they need to become free from Redmond dominance.

3. btrower

Did they listen?

My company is a MAPS subscriber and my push-back was intense. If other 'partners' reacted like I did, it is no wonder they backed down. I basically said good-bye.

They have extended some olive branchery, but I am not convinced it is enough.

As for 'the cloud', we are already in the cloud. We have been since the start of the Internet, let alone the world-wide-web. It is an old term used back in the day. X.25 Network attached things were 'in the clould' as opposed to being locally attached. It *is* marketing BS and marketing BS of the most pernicious kind. It adds nothing and obscures a known and useful term.

In its old capacity, the Cloud is an entirely meaningful and useful concept and decoupling of systems is a good idea now as it was then.

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Ah! The old X.25 cloud

I remember it well.

As for the rest of it, my thoughts exactly. Let the rains begin and when the sun shines, the cloud will evaporate.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Windows iTunes??

I know the cloud is supposed to be all interoperable all singing all dancing, but surely that's a cloud bridge too far?

5. Morten Bjoernsvik
    Joke

bare sorgen

"bare sorgen" is a norwegian saying meaning everything is just shit and cant be worse.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like