back to article OCZ goes titsup, flogs own corpse to Toshiba

Solid state disk maker OCZ Technology Group has gone titsup and filed for bankruptcy. The company has been in a mess for years, having recently 'fessed up to all manner of balance sheet borkedness and corrected its last four years' worth of financial emissions. Other efforts to right the ship included a big restructure that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Snapper
    Thumb Up

Ohhhh

Chair (tick)

Popcorn (tick)

2. Sheep!

"The markets have taken this plan very, very, badly indeed"

There is another way they could have taken this news?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If they've only fallen by 75% then the shares hold 25% of the value they did beforehand, and given that the shareholders will probably see nothing out of this, I'd suggest the markets have taken this very well (having lost their shirts in the past few years on OCZ anyway).

However, a shame for all those early adopters with OCZ drives, should they be hoping for any support.

3. kevin biswas

Shame, they were a good company.

Back in the day when it was a wow item I had a 32gb pendrive fail, they replaced it VERY quickly sans any quibble.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hope Tosh keep selling/supporting the tech.

As I've bought about 20 OCZ SSD this year :-(

I've never had a problem with reliability (unlike some), and I liked the fact their firmware update via a live Linux .ISO didn't rely on any installed OS.

Still using one of their superfast Rally USB sticks.

5. Nate Amsden

hopefully

PC Power & Cooling hangs onto their stuff.. they always seemed to make quality stuff in my experience, and I noticed a couple of years ago they were bought by OCZ.

Every discussion I've seen around OCZ has always centered on their SSDs.

This topic is closed for new posts.