back to article Justin BIEBER ploughs cash into NaaS: NARCISSISM-as-a-Service

Justin Bieber has unveiled a social network dedicated to letting self-obsessed teens share pictures of themselves. His selfie service is called Shots of Me and exists for the express purpose of allowing people to endlessly post crappy self-portraits. Bieber, a teenage pop prince who has been in the news recently after an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mtech25
    Thumb Up

This is a good idea

Now that we have pictures of all the self-obsessed people we can make sure that they are on Ark Ship B and none have got lost and ended up on Ark Ship A (because they most likely have trouble reading).

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Devil

Re: Mtech25 Re: This is a good idea

".....we can make sure that they are on Ark Ship B and none have got lost and ended up on Ark Ship A (because they most likely have trouble reading)." Yeah, but it would be tempting to jump on Ark Ship B just because you'd be instantly elevated to most intelligent person on the ship.

1. AceRimmer

Re: Mtech25 This is a good idea

"Yeah, but it would be tempting to jump on Ark Ship B just because you'd be instantly elevated to most intelligent person on the ship."

Most intelligent person on the ship up untill the meteor hits the planet.

There is a reason why all the thickos are put on Ark Ship B.

2. Graham Marsden
        Thumb Up

@Matt Bryant - Re: Mtech25 This is a good idea

" it would be tempting to jump on Ark Ship B just because you'd be instantly elevated to most intelligent person on the ship."

An excellent idea, Matt, go ahead, be our guest...

Alert

Re: Marsbarbrain Re: @Matt Bryant - Mtech25 This is a good idea

".....An excellent idea, Matt, go ahead, be our guest..." Oh crap, I forgot Marsbar and his split personalities would be on Ark Ship B!

1. Graham Marsden

Re: Marsbarbrain @Matt Bryant - Mtech25 This is a good idea

Don't worry, Matt, there will still be room for your moveable goalposts...

Happy

Re: Marsbarbrain Re: Marsbarbrain @Matt Bryant - Mtech25 This is a good idea

"...... there will still be room for your moveable goalposts..." Heck, you can have the goalposts on Ark Ship B if it keeps you happy there. Not sure how you'll use them without a responsible adult to help you assemble them, but why let small issues like that bother you?

2. Mr C

something like 'hot or not' then?

but without the votes possibly.

i foresee the kids having endless hours of either making fun of- or drooling over pictures in cozy little student get-togethers in Starbucks.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It uses the front camera of the iPhone to take self-shots

Are you really that desperate for hits?

4. Chris G
    Childcatcher

Makes sense

Iv'e seen him a couple of times on the box, he has trouble stringing more than a couple of words together without a script so only pics will be perfect for him.

How difficult is it to track the source of an anonymous selfie?

Perhaps this is to lay the foundation for a lucrative blackmail business later.

1. MrXavia
      Big Brother

Re: Makes sense

Surely they will be Geo Tagged photos allowing random people to stalk the selfie takers...

It will certainly make the child catchers job easier! Not that twitter & facebook geotagging hasn't already made it easy to stalk people.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Clever really

If all these "selfies" are posted anonymously then there may not be any meta data attached to the pics... which means Beebs could use all the pics to promote his new latest blah.. or could even sell off the pics to other companies to use in adverts.

1. Vociferous

Re: Clever really

> if all these "selfies" are posted anonymously

Anonymous posting of pics of kids -- what could possibly go wrong?

6. Miek
    Coat

"selfie" : Sounds like masturbation to me.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

More Likely what the pictures will be used for.....

2. Kubla Cant

The only word more annoying than "selfie" is "onesie".

Needless to say, it doesn't appear to mean "a selfie taken by the Queen".

7. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Shots of Me...

A better name would be Shot Me!...

8. Seanie Ryan

what?

"We giggled that we knew how to market to high school girls"

giggled??

high school girls??

what?

1. Mtech25
      Unhappy

Re: what?

.. and these men have been given 1.2 million dollars.

9. Kubla Cant

Eh?

peering at selfies was infinitely more entertaining than gaping at pictures of "coffee or salad"

Who gapes at pictures of coffee or salad? Have I (yet again) I missed out on a major social craze?

10. Rukario
    WTF?

Really?

"Bieber, a teenage pop prince"

Bieber is male?!?!?

1. Euripides Pants

Re: Really?

They misspelled "ponce"...

11. Franklin
    Pint

Kids these days...

Always taking pictures of themselves and flinging 'em about. Not like in MY time, when taking a selfie meant paying someone to paint it on canvas while we sat very still for hours...

1. MrDamage Silver badge

Canvas?

You're lucky you had canvas my lad. Back in my day, we had to sit there while someone chiselled out our likeness in stone, using nothing but bone and deer antler tools.

Canvas. Pah! You young kids these days got it easy.

1. Mtech25

Re: Canvas?

We used to dream of having actual Chisels, we had to make do with a cave wall and crude pigment paint made from plants that where mostly poison.

Happy

Re: Mtech25 Re: Canvas?

Hmmm, I see where you're going with this.

Right!

In my day, you had to dig your own cave out of solid granite with nowt but fingernails, gut yourself to use your innards for paint, and when you were done an ice age came along and froze you in place!

1. Mtech25

Re: Mtech25 Canvas?

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

12. Craig 28

Just a matter of time before David Cameron posts a "selfie"... damn bandwagoner.

That said I doubt Beaber will ever post a selfie, he's so narcassistic he wouldn't let his visage be captured by anything less than a full photoshoot with proper lighting and professional photographers.

This topic is closed for new posts.