back to article El avión Buitre 2 rinde homenaje a nuestros amigos españoles

Hoy queremos rendir homenaje a los miembros españoles del equipo de la misión Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) - un avión de alta tecnología que pretendemos lanzar a la estratosfera con un motor de cohete. Sumario grafico de la mision LOHAN Hace tres años, con el apoyo de estas personas desinteresadas, lanzamos …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Coat

And for those of us...

Who are Spanish language challenged...

Can we please have a translation?

Mines the one with a copy of don Quixote in the large pocket.

1. Shrimpling

Re: And for those of us...

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theregister.co.uk%2F2013%2F11%2F14%2Fbuitre_2_bandera%2F

2. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Oh go on - I didn't want to deprive you lot of the pleasure of wasting the boss's time working it out.

3. James Micallef Silver badge

Don't bother with the official translation, you can always enjoy yourself with a few simple words without needing to understand all that:

amigo

cerveza

jamon

fiesta

should cover pretty much everything you might need :)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Just one more

beicon - spelt differently but conveniently pronounced just about the same

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Re: And for those of us...

Beicon: good effort there by the Spaniards transcribing the sound of bacon into the local lingo. The one spelling which caught my eye last month was "jalogüin". Marvellous.

1. A. Coatsworth Silver badge
            Pint

The Real Academia de la Lengua proposed güisqui as the proper Spanish form of the word whisky.

As you can imagine, it never took off...

2. Thecowking

It's all in foreign.

I tried retyping the URL slowly and in caps and it's still in foreign.

I think that's the standard British translation protocol, right?

1. VinceH

Re: It's all in foreign.

No, that's the standard approach for making foreigners understand English, not the other way around.

1. SiempreTuna

Re: It's all in foreign.

Actually, it's also how my Spanish mother-in-law attempts to make me understand her

Personally, I prefer the adding-'o'-to-the-end-of-the-word approach ..

3. Michael Hawkes
    Thumb Up

International

I can see the Register is trying to gain international support for its plans to become the first tech website in space. By the third iteration, I hope they have their VOIP (Vulture-over-internet-protocol) tech finally ready for the masses.

1. Neil Barnes Silver badge

Re: International

Be interesting to see the wrapper protocols to allow vulture-over-ip to operate per RFC1149.

1. Peter Mount
        Joke

Re: International

The problem is that RFC1149 was replaced by RFC2549 a few years later but only specifies unintentional encapsulation with Hawks - Vultures being scavengers shouldn't be an issue

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2549.txt

4. Getriebe

I'll do this bit

Hoy queremos rendir homenaje a los miembros españoles del equipo de la misión Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) - un avión de alta tecnología que pretendemos lanzar a la estratosfera con un motor de cohete. Sumario grafico de la mision LOHAN Hace tres años, con Hoy , con el apoyo de estas personas desinteresadas, lanzamos el

Today we want to say thanks to the Spanish members of the LOHAN team, its a high tech plane that wants to go to the stratosphere using a rocket. A quick summary (??) of the 3 yr LOHAN mission, with the help of these disinterested people, we launched the ....

Cervantes will sleep easy tonight .....

So will Shakespeare, after reading that English ;-)

1. Getriebe

So will Shakespeare, after reading that English ;-)

Shakespeare! I was chanelling Beicon

Re: So will Shakespeare, after reading that English ;-)

Well, a very creditable effort. Award yourself a beicon sarnie and a nice cup of tea.

5. Aitor 1

In spanish!

Thank you for writing this in Spanish. It really is nice for you to thank it that way..

Re: In spanish!

Es un placer.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

gracias

Jolly buen espectáculo, Lester.

7. peredur

Muchas gracias

De uno que ve a inglés como reto. Y que tengáis mucha suerte en el vuelo y todo.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Muchas gracias

Don't worry there are many English people who feel the same.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No nos olvidemos del soldador

No debemos subestimar la contribución hecha por nuestros vecinos españoles. En fin, fue Antonio Parra que convirtió este aventura en un verdadero proyecto casero con su soldadura.

Olvídate de toda la tecnología, sin soldadura por arco y una radial no hay proyecto.

Re: No nos olvidemos del soldador

Es cierto.

1. XioNYC
        Thumb Up

Re: No nos olvidemos del soldador

No habrá pena ni olvido por Perdo, el pobre piloto Playmobil perdido.

¡Plus Ultra!

9. ukgnome

Mi aerodeslizador es lleno de anguilas

10. A. Coatsworth Silver badge
    Headmaster

Nazi Gramatical

The grammar Nazi in me feels the need to report the word "hechándonos". It should be "echándonos", without that pesky H at the beginning... It's a very common mistake in Spanish, but one that should be fought anyway.

Also, at the end of the article, it should read " si OS atrevéis a usar el Google Translate". Pronouns can be tricky sometimes.

Yes, I know I could have just clicked the "send corrections" button... but my pedantry wouldn't have been satisfied that way.

My apologies!

1. XioNYC
      Trollface

Re: Nazi Gramatical / Fe de Erratas

It should have said «si Ustedes se atreven». Respect.

2. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Nazi Gramatical

Duly corrected. But yes, in future satisfy the pedant within via the handy corrections button. Gracias.

11. jonathanb Silver badge

Ayudar

¿Puedo tener una traducción en Inglés por favor?

12. Will Godfrey Silver badge

Warum sind Sie außer diejenigen, die richtig sprechen?

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

On the logistic-diplomatic front...

With those nose colours better make sure the thing does not land in Catalunya or the Basque Country. Or Portugal.

14. JDC

Enhorabuena al equipo español, pero un consejo: Yo no mandaría mi avión desde Barco a luchar contra los elementos.

This topic is closed for new posts.