back to article New Internet Explorer chief is man behind Windows Phone reboot

Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE) has a new chief - the exec who has led the company’s Windows Phone rebirth for four years. Joe Belfiore, Windows Phone program management and design vice president since early 2009, tweeted today that he’s added responsibility for IE and Windows UX (“user experience”) to his “next role …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Facepalm

They've decided to keep digging then

Windows UX isn't the same as (or rather, should be the same as) Windows Phone.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. JC_

Re: Good.

"absolutely awful" is a bit strong in my experience - what are the issues (apart from it being from evil M$)? The text-reflow is the only thing I find truly annoying.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What problems do you have? It seems like a perfectly functional browser to me. I don't have any problems with it over and above those I've had with other mobile browsers.

3. Tom 35

You can't install a different one so you are out of luck. No Firefox to make IE look bad and force an upgrade.

For windows I expect some useless UI changes like maybe the shortcut menu will become a full screen of giant "not-metro" like blocks, maybe even have it's own live tiles crap.

1. dogged

> You can't install a different one so you are out of luck. No Firefox to make IE look bad and force an upgrade.

Yes, but that doesn't make IE bad. It just means you can't replace it.

Same way you can't replace Safari on iOS.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"IE on WP sucks"

let me fix that for you, * on WP sucks.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Three thumbs down, I guess I offended all three WP users.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is being in charge of WIndows Phone something you want on your CV?

I wouldn't. It's dead.

4. monkeyfish

Chrome forced IE re-development?

What? IE development stopped at IE6. Chrome came out after IE7, so had nothing to do with IE re-starting development. Firefox? Yes. Opera? Yes. But Chrome? No.

5. Bladeforce

Dont let Microsoft dominate it leads to

a stagnated market. Let Microsoft dominate again and tech will stagnate again. It was only because other browsers (thanks to the EU) got their act together and showed what a bug ridden fest IE truly is. Do NOT let Microsoft dominate again it will knock the tech sector back a decade again. There's been more innovation in the last 10 years than the last 25 no thanks to Microsoft (thanks again to the EU)

1. hitmouse

Re: Dont let Microsoft dominate it leads to

Many of the Microsoft folks from that era went on to Google, Amazon, Apple etc, who have each done what MS wasn't allowed to do.

Same people, different stock symbols.

6. Big-nosed Pengie

Who's a pretty piggy, then?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like