back to article Samsung slips out slim spinner with surprisingly sizable storage supply

Seagate’s Samsung subsidiary has launched a 2TB mobile drive, claiming it to be the world’s thinnest 2TB drive. The Samsung Spinpoint MT9 comes in 1.5TB and 2TB versions and has, we understand from Storage Review, three platters, meaning 667GB/platter areal density. Competitors like WD/HGST and Toshiba will either have to go …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If they'd only spin it at a decent clip, it might be worth a punt.

2. Slacker@work
    Facepalm

Small enough...

...to fit in a PS4 then (for all the music you can't listen too, movies you can't watch...).

1. Nef

Re: Small enough...

With the game installs being around 40GB and upwards, you're going to need something big.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

for that very small segment of the market play games that is.

for the rest of us who actually have a life drives like this may prove interesting in time. I can only hope that these are more reliable than the batch of Samsung SSD's we bought a few months ago. Out of 10 drives 6 have failed so far. That is IMHO far more important than playing silly games.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Really? You think people who play games have no life? I use my computers at home for two things: playing games and writing music. I also use them for work, but if I wasn't dependent on having to work for a living then I wouldn't do that. Yeah, so I piss about on the internet too, but that's during work time.

Of course, I do plenty of stuff without computers, but for the computer-related parts, saying someone who uses them to play games has no life is a bit sad, quite honestly.

By the way, if you really do want to do something useful with your life, may I suggest you attend an adult education course (assuming you're an adult) on the English language. You grammar and general fluency would be poor for an eight year old.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

"You grammar"

FTW

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like