back to article EMC lobs sueball at Pure, tells court: Look what they told EL REG

Just days before it launches its XtremIO flash array, EMC is suing flash array startup Pure Storage for allegedly improperly recruiting EMC staff, and also accuses it of encouraging ex-EMCers to use its confidential data – and it has cited The Register in its complaint. It has also accused Pure of interference with its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TonyJ

American 'English' Dictionary...

The very first word in it appears to be Litigation

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: American 'English' Dictionary...

Litigation when your sales people leave to go to a competitor or start their own business isn't just an American thing.

I know if at least one UK company that is involved in multiple successful, public cases each year against former staff and a lot more that are settled privately in the companies favour.

Sales people know where the bodies are buried in the customer base - who's unhappy with the existing vendors products, who has had bad installs....

1. IT Hack

@ AC 13:22

Sales people know where the bodies are buried in the customer base - who's unhappy with the existing vendors products, who has had bad installs....

Perhaps the sales guys do....but its the vendor support staff who really know...and why. As well as who sold shit.

1. theblackhand

But when you are looking for potential customers, you only need to target unhappy customers of your competitor. Vendor support staff rarely help you pick up new customers, particularly if you're a start-up.

The vendor support staff may know how to craft the customers newly purchased dog turd into a beautiful, functional item, but the vendor only cares about the sale at the end of the day.

2. Anonymous Coward 101

Gel-haired spivs can now be found in any British shopping centre encouraging you to make a claim for accidents you may have suffered. 'Whiplash' is a disease that must be spread by a highly contagious virus such is the rate at which it rages around the British Isles.

BS litigation isn't just an American thing.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Read the Complaint

The funny part is that so much of the complaint is dedicated to stating the competence of the departed people, yet their actions are so egregiously stupid (so visibly copying EMC materials and using them). EMC is not at all out of line here. People can and do go wherever they want but NDAs still apply and these aren't even especially hardcore ones.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh, the ignominy

Being cast as the paramour in court papers.

4. M. B.

Agreements...

...are agreements, even if you don't like them. I'd say at this point EMC is standing on some pretty strong footing here, especially with the evidence they've provided of people taking documentation with them on their way out the door.

5. The Godfather
    Meh

Keys and satchels by the door please..

Question I ask is why thy were allowed to take information out with them. You can't blot, erase or hold title to a person's mind or knowledge.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No so smart using EMC's own sync and share system to divert confidential materials

But I have to say I have seen even more blatant cases of misappropriation of former employers' data.

7. digital display

This is so rich

I had to laugh about EMC going to court...For years EMC had the ethics of a soul-less company and never minded playing dirty ball in the Market place. Let's not forget all the stories from those that left the company for years now. Doesn't surprise me 44 high level people left EMC since 2011 to Pure. They bleed people all the time..EMC= Evil Machine Company

8. digital display

My first downding here

I don't mind getting dinged about my comments about EMC. Perhaps a bit harsh but I know EMC with 15 yrs of expiernce working in the SAN field. I await the glowing reports to defend your judgement.. I got stories..

Hell..Remember when HP left EMC like a cat on fire? To save me the court time so don't sue me. But . I hear it was because EMC stole their fucking customer list and was working behind their backs to steal leads..HP was so effning pissed off..I'm sure the two haven't spoken since except with lawyers.. Remember that?

I'm not here to trash talk anybody but man I couldn't resist that one..

( oh and EMC..I wouldn't worry about your documents..You are about a year behind the curve..Nobody needs your secrets )

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: My first downding here

Only a year ?

1. digital display

Re: My first downding here

LOL.. Yup about a year or so..When the heck did EMC realize the effiency of virtualizing the Control plane?

maybe longer than a year. Their Software took forever to evolve from the old views of LUNs as objects over the entire enterprise. They were the #1 mfg. of SAN boxes for years..But got fat and lazy and have been playing catch up for a while. Reminds me of the 80's when Big Blue thought the future of all Enterprise datacenters would always be IBM mainframes and the cash would always roll in. They played catch up also for quite a while. ( I guess they never saw coming the server-client solution for a fraction of the cost and power usage. ) Also the Shark SAN product line took time to mature. I know years ago we used to take sharks in as a trade-in. I think Sun SAN division got screwed when they got bought by Oracle. Sure Oracle..Bundle hardware and Oracle together and see how that works out for you. It works well for Microsoft and Intel chips.

Ramp that 1200.00 investment into a corporate multi-million dollar investment and..Well you can see where that is going now..Does Sun even have a SAN division any longer? I know I haven't seen one in about 3 or 4 years. HP makes a solid solution with above average software, Micro code and quality parts.

Of course HP doesn't mfg. their own SAN boxes but the requirements are top notch at a good price point for Enterprise. HDS solutions can be a bit pricey but very high quality and support from CS&S engineers. You get what you pay for i suppose and if you are a big boy in the corporate world you want the best because it is the lifeblood of data in that world.

This topic is closed for new posts.