back to article Cyber dragnet: Five new HACKERS join FBI's 'most wanted' list

The US Federal Bureau of Investigation has added five new names to its "Cyber's Most Wanted" list, bringing the total number of fugitives urgently wanted in relation to computer and data-related crimes to 17. "The FBI leads the national effort to investigate high-tech crimes, including cyber-based terrorism, espionage, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Don Jefe

Haven't seen any of them. But I just changed my Facebook and LinkedIn picture to the dude on the far right.

1. MrDamage Silver badge
      Happy

Profile Pic

Unless your LinkedIn profile mentions Unix, nobody would believe that pic is really you.

2. Chozo
    Trollface

Is that all?

I'm pretty sure there are more than ten cyber criminals whose identities are known that law enforcement would like to get hold of. If only to offer them a job..

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Correction

"Farhan Arshad and Noor Aziz Uddin, both Pakistani nationals who are wanted for allegedly hacking business telephone systems to make unauthorized calls", for which the affected companies would like to have billed $50m, although their actual cost was approximately zero.

Simply could not resist the opportunity to highlight the underlying absurdity of statements like that in the article when applied to fixed resources operating below their capacity.

4. doronron

Irony

“The FBI will not stand by and watch our cyber adversaries attack our networks; we will track down and arrest individuals who have made it their mission to spy on and steal from our nation and citizens,” cyber crime branch assistant director Richard McFeely said in a statement.

No irony at all there. I wonder if he'll help them track down the Belgacom hackers, or the Vodafone Greece hackers?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Still no ladies in the most-wanted list though... :(

1. Arawra

Thats only because I haven't done anything stupid

6. Khaptain Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Fothermucker

Does the guy on the far right also eat babies ?

Paris ------------->>>>>>>> He must be in the opposite club

7. nematoad
    Unhappy

"Still no ladies in the most-wanted list though... :("

No Americans either.

What! Surely they must have someone bright enough to work out what you need to do to get rich quick in the "Land of Opportunity"

Where is all the spam originating from the US being made then?

Matthew 7:3

1. Khaptain Silver badge

I don't know the bible so had to do a bit of googling for the biblical reference, it's very appropriate...

Here is the passage

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

8. Miek
    Coat

Why don't the FBI just give the folks over at the NSA a call and see if they can get a go on "the All Seeing Eye"?

9. hi_robb

Err.

"Five new HACKERS join FBI's 'most wanted' list!"

Now there's an Enid Blyton title I never seen in the library :-(

D

10. Martin Maloney
    FAIL

Why is it...

...that the FBI hasn't been able to pin the tail on the CryptoLocker donkey?

11. Gabe

FBI, CIA and NSA should be on top of the list

Have not seen any of them, but the FBI, CIA and NSA should be on top of the list.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Haven't seen any of them, the CIA and NSA should be on top of the list

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like