back to article Murdoch: I'm a Jawbone fanboi - and it's going to help me live to 100!

Press baron Rupert Murdoch has revealed he wears a Jawbone UP, the fitness-tracking bangle beloved of "quantified self" pushers and fitness fans. Murdoch revealed his Jawbone habit in a speech delivered to Australia's Lowy Institute, a think tank established by billionaire Frank Lowy whose Westfield shopping mall empire brings …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dead Rupert Murdoch ..

> Press baron Rupert Murdoch has revealed he wears a Jawbone, the fitness-tracking bangle beloved of "quantified self" pushers and fitness fans ..

Hee .. Heee .. HeHe ...

2. Neoc

Let me be the first...

Jawbone of an ass?

3. Cliff

Obviously I don't wish the man death

That would be harsh, but shutting up and fucking off wouldn't be unwelcome.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Obviously I don't wish @ Cliff

You softy.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Any way we can hack it ?

And turn it into a Star Trek style obedience collar ?

5. jaduncan

"Murdoch admits snooping on OWN FAMILY in spy shock" ...*blinks*...Sorry, I thought I was a Sun sub for a second.

6. Longrod_von_Hugendong

Well...

thats put me off buying one, if i was Jawbone i would make him STFU about it, its not an endorsement i would want for my company.

7. rtb61

Lets hope that Rupert Murdoch updates his jawbone to the internet so the whole world can celebrate the instant the psychopath drops dead. Every heart murmur would become a cause for a celebratory drink.

8. Fink-Nottle
    Coat

It's nice to see the A-Team back in th ...

What? Rupert Murdoch? Oh, OK.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Uncle Scrotes should share his jawbone information with the rest of us. Quite a lot of people can't wait for him to stop moving.

10. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Happy

so will he make his health information public?

Like Twitter for medical matters perhaps?

"Blood pressure dropping. Think it's a stroke. Someone call an ambulance."

1)Upvote this 2) Downvote this.

11. Yorkie2000

I had a Jawbone Up. In fact I've had 3 of them in that when broke Jawbone would replace it. They've done that twice. The third time it broke I asked for a refund as the product is obviously not fit for purpose. As it was outside the 60 day refund limit though they've refused to do so. So currently my third broken band sits in a drawer unused while still within warranty. I could replace it, but what would be the point?. It might last a month and break again. They'll keep replacing it until the warranty runs out, then tell me its not their problem.

Avoid like the plague..

12. Michael Hoffmann Silver badge

This is the guy I think of...

... when I tell people that longevity or "immortality" advances in science and medicine would be a Really Bad Idea.

Never mind overpopulation and all that! The simple fact that it's people like this who would benefit, preventing planet Earth and the rest of us plebs from at least getting natural relief of their ilk after around 4 score years, is what would make it the most irresponsible invention ever made.

This topic is closed for new posts.