back to article Sketchy Soho denizens get mitts on London superheroes

Vendors are always keen to find appealing ways to attract attention to their products, hosting events that more often than not turn out to be cringingly cheesy. Yet as part of HP’s workstation campaign, drawing upon the talent of Soho’s finest animators to collaborate on a short film project, seems to have hit the right note. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sebastian Brosig

Competition T&C

they had to sign a document at the start, promising not to say "gee thanks I can always flog it on eBay" when they receive their wannabe-iTat as prizes.

Ok, I made that up.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Umbrella

If they did not collaborate, how come the missile and umbrella feature throughout?

I smell a rat! :-)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Umbrella

"If they did not collaborate, how come the missile and umbrella feature throughout?"

Well, from the article ;

"Each animation studio was given a different phase of life to work on, from baby to senior, but none could share their character ideas, as they worked entirely independently. As the baton was passed on, only the last 30 frames from the previous stage would be seen by those working on the next stage, enabling hints at character and smooth scene transitions."

3. D@v3

So 'London's Hero' is a sodding umbrella.

Good to see that national stereotyping is good and dead

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: So 'London's Hero' is a sodding umbrella.

And a nightingale sang in Ly-sester Square wearing a bowler hat and eating fish and chips in an old English pub. :)

4. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    WTF?

"The theme was London’s Hero – the capital doesn’t have its own superhero"

Erm.... Captain Britain?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like